PDA

View Full Version : polar

seccon
19th Apr 2012, 09:55
Hello all,
Just a quick one that some of you may be able to help with.
looking for a local training provider as close as possible to home(East Kent) to cut down on misc expenditure accom /travel so far have Polar Helicopters Manston in mind and London Helicopters Redhill any people on here used either provider a little feedback would be most helpful.
Cheer's

Cylinder Head
19th Apr 2012, 13:38
I suggest you go and see James at Thurston Helicopters at Headcorn. First rate outfit!

Jarvy
19th Apr 2012, 14:38
I can recommend Polar at Manston. Small and friendly.

Hedski
19th Apr 2012, 16:09
LHC at Redhill have good availability and instructors.

parasite drag
19th Apr 2012, 17:38
But what if you want to learn in an H300 :eek:

DennisK
19th Apr 2012, 18:28
If you can make yourself available for say ... two separate periods of two weeks, I would offer you an exclusive 'one to one' PPL(H) course on the Sikorsky 300C at Shoreham Airport. Extra to the standard hourly rate, there'd be airport landing fees, plus my B&B for four nights each week, plus a bit for travel. On the continuous training basis you'd probably complete the course in 45 to 50 flying hours. PM me if you'd like to more detail.

Other than my offer, I can surely recommend James Tuke @ Headcorn, Polar @ Manston, Advance @ Shoreham, (new school) They will serve and train you well. Regards. Dennis Kenyon.

tony 1969
19th Apr 2012, 18:41
Either way go visit the school at least once before you choose. A little bit of accommodation cost in the ground scheme of things is small.
Advance at Shoreham, and I may get some flying in.;)

John R81
20th Apr 2012, 06:55
Try EBG Helicopters at Redhill. R22, R44, EC120, MD500 (might be more)

Ready2Fly
20th Apr 2012, 06:58
@Dennis
If i didn't have my license already, i would take you up on your offer. :ok:

And that is even if i had to relocate ;)

pentre10
29th Apr 2012, 15:23
I did my PPL (H) at Polar Helicopters at Manston - I would highly recommend them. Very professional, friendly and flexible enough to fit my training in when I could make it. I am currently hour building and will be doing my CLP (H) with them too.