PDA

View Full Version : Sabre Schedule Manager

plan er
18th Apr 2012, 19:06
Could anyone who uses Sabre Schedule Manager please pm me. I am interested in how you use the system to distribute information.

thank you

mutt
18th Apr 2012, 19:12
I would strongly suggest that you stay away from any sabre products.

Mutt

Tableview
18th Apr 2012, 19:17
Most of the GDSs offer similar products and there are some stand-alones too. They are decision support packages which look at projected traffic flows from origin to destination, using also past figures, and optimise the use of the capacity the airline can offer bases on its fleet. It's only as good as the data it receives from various sources.

merlinxx
18th Apr 2012, 21:25
Sabre sucks, and not very well at that either :mad:

acmi48
3rd May 2012, 23:10
Merlin exxxx..people have been castrated for uttering sim statements!! But agree..its a bit like ordering a hybrid and getting a lada !!

mutt
5th May 2012, 05:47
Sabres "latest" flight planning system was supposed to be ground breaking and vastly superior to Jeppesen, the design team was feverously working in Poland for the last couple of years...... and before it was released, SAS purchased FWZ......
This seems to happen all the time :):):)

Mutt

andrew62
9th May 2012, 16:48
well, Sabre´s "Flight Plan Manager" basically IS f:wz´s "flywize"
Sabre bought the company from DAE late 2010...

cheers
Andy

mutt
9th May 2012, 17:00
OK, but when we researched a new flight planning system, FW'z was an independent competitor touted by IATA as being amazing.

Sabre acknowledged that their flight planning system was inferior to Jeppesen, however they offered a wonderful replacement that was in "production"... Obviously they decided that it was more beneficial to buy FW'z than to continue writing their own software in Poland.

Finally, if you ask Sabre sales people about a standalone flight planning system, they wont sell it to you, they want you to buy the complete suite, and will promise total integration :yuk::yuk::yuk:

Mutt

andrew62
9th May 2012, 21:41
We use mfs2, as it´s been called in former times, from the very first beginning on ;)
As far as I know SAS is changing to this system now, THY changed 1 or 2 years ago and if you are still interested you should talk to them and probably also to the guys of former fwz in Vienna...

Anyhow, what I´ve learned over the years is, that with every new system you buy and try to integrate, you´ll be some kind of beta tester :ugh:
Support and callcenters of providers nowadays are evenly distributed around the globe for H24 coverage but often they lack of evenly distributed quality...

cheers
Andy