PDA

View Full Version : 206 rating OZ

NzCaptainAndrew
17th Apr 2012, 06:20
Recently landed my self drop pilot job over in Aussieland - How much would a 206 type rating be??

Hasselhof
17th Apr 2012, 06:26
A mixture of :sad: :yuk: :{ and a whole lot of :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Good luck with the job though.

NzCaptainAndrew
17th Apr 2012, 06:34
Sorry I mistyped that question....

**How much would 10 hours cost in a 206 :p

AussieNick
17th Apr 2012, 06:44
If you've got yourself a job over here, then nothing as the employer should be covering it.

Capt Fathom
17th Apr 2012, 08:01
Google.com.au comes up with the answers you need!

Lancair70
17th Apr 2012, 09:19
LOL @ Aussie Nick. But I totally agree with you, but it aint gonna happen in skydiving.

To the OP, Id be asking for the skydive company to give you a rate to use their aeroplane to burn 10hrs worth of holes in the sky so you can fly for them, then compare with other rates you find, there is a C206 advertised in Aviation trader for pvt hire.
Personally Id go hire one and actually go somewhere with the 10hrs. Consider the C210 too as it will cover for 206 time for most operators. (I say most, because one I flew, the owner was wanting speciffically 206 time not 210 or anyting else, insurance reasons he claimed)

abnfamous, skydive pilots require as a minimum, PPL, 100hrs in command and 10 on type.

Good luck and have fun.

Trojan1981
17th Apr 2012, 09:44
Mate if you want to do it in Sydney, PM me and Ill put you in touch with someone who can do it at a very reduced rate.

kingRB
17th Apr 2012, 10:13
To the OP, Id be asking for the skydive company to give you a rate to use their aeroplane to burn 10hrs worth of holes in the sky so you can fly for them, then compare with other rates you find, there is a C206 advertised in Aviation trader for pvt hire.Or even better, just get the resident senior pilot to sit in on 10 hours worth of sorties while you actually fly the aircraft you will be using in the operation. Most half reasonable DZ's will allow you to do this if you cover the slot of the person sitting in. It's what I did back in the day when I had zero 206 time to meet the APF requirement.

jas24zzk
17th Apr 2012, 10:24
As a start point, and I know you won't want to hire this one, but there is a 206T close to me that retails for $370 per hour.
Add extra for the bloke that will poke you in the right ear.

NzCaptainAndrew
17th Apr 2012, 10:38
Hey guys thanks for the info I've asked the company the rates in their 206.

Another question: Should I apply for an ASIC through Aviation ID Australia | Professional ASIC Distribution Centre (http://www.aviationidaustralia.com.au) ? It looks like it can be done online and looks much faster.

Also when I send my completed TTMRA NZCPL conversion papers to CASA how long will it take to process and how will they notify me?

Cheers everyone!

jas24zzk
17th Apr 2012, 10:54
Av ID are much faster and efficient than CASA.

CASA lost mine twice.....

LeadSled
17th Apr 2012, 15:47
Av ID are much faster and efficient than CASA.

Folks,

AvID in fact do all the processing for CASAASICs. CASA might be to blame for a lot of things, but the whole ASIC mess is not one of them.

If you had a delay/lost application with a "CASA" ASIC, the problem was with AvID, or the various security mobs, not CASA.

Tootle pip!!

truthinbeer
18th Apr 2012, 07:21
Cesnock (YCNK) just north of Sydney has cheap 206 hire.
Best to email bernie at cessnockaircraftmaintenance dot com dot au .

peterc005
18th Apr 2012, 07:23
Try Tony Peters at West Sale.

Trojan1981
19th Apr 2012, 00:20
Cesnock (YCNK) just north of Sydney has cheap 206 hire.
Best to email bernie at cessnockaircraftmaintenance dot com dot au .

I think we are talking about the same guy.:ok:

diddly squat
19th Apr 2012, 04:13
Meat Bombing in a C206, goodness brings back some memories many moons ago.

I had a premature inflation in a 206 once when there were about 6 of the nutters hanging out the back. A big guy too. Ripped him out of the group and he smashed his leg to smithereens on the right horizontal stab, lucky only his leg for him. It bent the outboard half up about 15'. Elevator was stiff but still fully moving, and surprisingly no real change in the feel. Be careful seriously, in the 206, the meat tends to love giving you a rear CoG.

If the Human Meat Factory is not arranging this 10 hrs for you, then you defiantly don't want to "work" for them. They are are biz where the general public pay them to take them flying. You are going to be paid right? ??????

You will get much more out of the 10 hours, in their own machine involved in the operation that you will just flying around the country side for 10 hours. They SHOULD know this and be proactive in setting this up, to help them as well. :ok:

NzCaptainAndrew
19th Apr 2012, 09:26
They are providing the 10 hours, just prefer to me to have 182/206 time beforehand. I'm going to go for around 5 hours so its all sorted!

diddly squat
19th Apr 2012, 12:22
That is a good start they are providing the 10 hrs. :ok: