PDA

View Full Version : Slection process/ Assessment day - Test to get into fligh scool

Nekro
16th Apr 2012, 13:39
So for you to get into a flight school, you'd have to pass some tests. I'm taking a test soon with Pilot Training College and I was wondering what should I expect?
I just graduated high school. I have NO IDEA how to prepare for this. the ''test'' itself costs about 350$ and I don't want that money to go to waste. so I just want to ace it the first time.

I've been told there will be an English, Physics and Maths tests. most questions I believe are going to be multiple choice questions, no calculator allowed and there is a time limit. there will also be an interview. but ...
What do I do? I know basic stuff about airplanes, so I'd expect a few questions like how an airplanes flies etc. the real deal is the psychometric test, what the hell is that? and how do I prepare for it? another thing is the math and physics. what should I know? I also heard there were some joystick stuff. (place ball in the middle) I have no idea what is that about.
I'm really nervous about this. I don't want to go there knowing nothing and just throw 350 dollars away. I desperately want to be accepted in my first chance.

So are there any websites online I can look through? or anything? anything would be a great help. because I just have no idea how to prepare for this AT ALL.

Piltdown Man
16th Apr 2012, 13:52
Who will be paying for the flight training? If it's you, I can predict the outcome - you have passed. Well done! If however it's an airline paying, you are going to have do some work. Don't worry about the psychometric test. It is a test about you and you have to answer it as honestly as possible. Therefore do it as quickly as possible without thinking. They are designed with 'traps' and if you try and trick it, you'll end up with a weird profile - which airlines don't like to see. The co-ordination tests are just that. If you have it, you have it. PS3 time and the like can help. As for the other tests, a search should yield results.

michaelmedley
16th Apr 2012, 23:14
The day is really "easy" i did mine in jan and most of us "passed" the day.....then were told it would be 99,000 euros for modular training.....i cant afford that at all!!!

Once you have paid they will send a preparation pack out to you, revise this thoroughly and brush up on maths and physics. Its COMPASS aptitude test also which can be researched online.

As for PTC, i couldnt afford them costs so cant comment but the day was a great experience. It all depends on your circumstances

Hope this helps