PDA

View Full Version : FAA Validation to FAA Conversion

AvEnthusiast
14th Apr 2012, 11:12
Guys,

I have applied for FAA validation based on a foreign license. Would it be possible that I change this process to FAA Conversion in any stage as the validation process has already gone through a bit, so I directly get an independent FAA License?

Gomrath
15th Apr 2012, 16:26
A FAA validation of a foreign license and a FAA standalone certificate are two totally unrelated activities.
So you cannot just 'change' the application.

You do not state what your current foreign license is and what ratings you have and hours etc.
You will need to check into the FAA regs to determine what you need to do to obtain a standalone FAA certificate as you have simply not provided enough information.

AvEnthusiast
16th Apr 2012, 04:41
Sorry if I have not been clear enough. but under the foreign verification Airmen Certification - Verify the Authenticity of a Foreign License, Rating, or Medical Certification (http://www.faa.gov/licenses_certificates/airmen_certification/foreign_license_verification/)
and under regulations stated 61.75 and 61.123 I think I fulfill them. I have a CPL/IR with CFI and GI and more than 250 hours as well. and the other odds and ends stated under the requirements for fulfilling the conditions of CPL.

malc4d
19th Apr 2012, 06:13
Not 100 % sure,

But l think you will have to do a written and flight test.
If not a US citizen, TSA clearance and if done in the US, l belive a visa is needed.

Gomrath
28th Apr 2012, 15:26
and under regulations stated 61.75 and 61.123 I think I fulfill them.

Also go read 61.127 and 129 as they pertain to the Commercial.
Yes there will be the need for written exam and completion of the PTS.

Validation of a foreign certificate under 61.75 only results in a Private Certificate.