PDA

View Full Version : Flight Dispatcher Interview in ME

URRVCTR
13th Apr 2012, 18:14
How was it ?

I'm writing in help to newcomers, cause I was looking for most of it's information on this forum, but didn't find any help.

I've got two appointments with two companies in ME. I'll not mention their names, but it will be useful for You anyway.

I've got an e-mail after 1 month after online application with both companies with skype interview invitation.
What is there on skype interview? They're only checking Your ability to speak English and Your ability to interact with other people and sometime they can give You an information about money to expect.
Common questions were:
- Are You able to work in multicultural environment?
- What salary do You expect?
- What is Your background (short story about Your employment history with Your current duties)?
- Why did You choose our company?
- What do You expect in Your future five years?
- Did You have any command activities ? (how many persons were under You)
Speak strong, loud and don't hesitate about joking sometimes. Smile while U're speaking with them. Be positive. There is nothing to scare.

After 1 week since skype interview I've got an invitation for face-to-face interview.
They're paying for everything (air tickets, hotels, transfers, per-diems).
You need to wear suit or trousers with shirt and tie. Get well dressed, and good rest.
Commonly, You'll have an interview with one man from HR and Your future boss.
One company asked me to read METARs, TAFs and NOTAMs.
Another was the same with additional questions about ETOPS.

Don't forget to ask questions about company, Your salary, Your shifts plan, fleet size, most challenging tasks, etc.

Nothing difficult if You have experience in international charters or scheduled flights.
So, You have nothing especially to prepare before interview. Be Yourself and Good Luck!

P.S.: salary. Sure this is main question. Salary range is from 3000 to 5000 USD. Plus Housing and transport allowances (no tax).

Cheers!

londoneasyjetboi
15th Apr 2012, 07:11
Thanks for the great information, I am trying to get myself noticed amongst the thousands of applications the ME carriers seem to be getting.

Can I ask though, is your background dispatching? if so, for how long? also, are you an FAA licensed dispatcher? I am trying to work out whether I want to fork out the cash for that certification!

Thanks again!

URRVCTR
15th Apr 2012, 10:56
Hi, jetboi and U're welcome!
I have 4 years experience in Dispatching and I'm not FAA licensed.

I was thinking about that too, but may be later I'll do it.

Only UAE requires certified dispatchers in ME. And as far as I learned You can convert Your FAA licence to GCAA there.

You can read about it on GCAA website - http://www.gcaa.gov.ae/en/ePublication/admin/Library%20Pdf/Civil%20Aviation%20Advisory%20Publication%20(CAAP)/caap%2017.pdf

Not far from now UAE CAA entered new rule about getting licence - You should go through 90 days OJT, but I don't know if You should do it with FAA certificate.
May be better to be bonded by future employer with GCAA training?

Cheers

WyomingLine
16th Apr 2012, 15:43
Hi does any body know how to convert the FAA to GCAA ?

thanks;)

URRVCTR
17th Apr 2012, 09:12
Please check link provided above - all requirements are there.
I don't know people who made it before.
Also You can write an e-mail to GCAA directly.
Also Your employer in UAE can make it without problem I think.

amarje3t
22nd Apr 2012, 23:50
The 90 days OJT part is actually true. I completed a Dispatch course from Jeppesen back in February 2011 and by then this new requirement had already been set up. Luckily I got roped in by a local cargo airline and they agreed to have me do my OJT first and then sign me up full time.

The problem is, that unless you complete your 90 days OJT, your not issued a GCAA Dispatch License. So I had to wait until the completion of that before I could get my license. Once you pass out from the course, your simply handed a certificate and a Memorandum.

desertopsguy
23rd Apr 2012, 14:25
I'd like to clarify something here; pretty much all countries in the Middle East require you to hold a flight dispatcher's license if you want to work for an airline registered there; not just the U.A.E.

It doesn't necessarily have to be an FAA license, although that tends to be accepted standard in most countries, you can also undertake the course at Jepessen academy in DXB and GCAA one. (in the past, the quality of dispatchers from here has been questionable)

Wyoming Line: To convert your FAA to GCAA you would first of all need to secure employment with a UAE registered carrier, not just some low-rent outfit based there (there are plenty of those). You would then go through their indoc/initial training and submit your docs to GCAA in order to convert.

Jetboi: You hit the nail on the head re the 1,000's of applications that bombard any vacancy in the Middle East... 99.999% of them are either unqualified, unsuitable, delusional or just didn't read/understand the job advert correctly. All they really do is drown out the .00001% of applications that are worthy of a second glance. Contacts are everything when trying to land a M.East job as you cut straight through the crap and go direct to the person pulling the strings.

As for salary, you will never ever get anywhere close to 3,000usd if you are a newbie with no experience. Think more along the lines of 1,500 - 2,000 as a starter. Most of the second rate airlines (usually the charter ones) do not provide much in the way of allowances either so unless you get on with one of the majors then your salary is all you get (and sometimes you don't even get that on time).

As with everything in life, keep your eyes wide open but it is especially true when jumping into the sandpit.

Best,
D.O.G

UAE FD
2nd May 2012, 11:13
DOG is 100% right about contacts. When you have the right contacts then everything is easy.

FD

Tariq A Khan
3rd Feb 2013, 09:29
Hi Guys,

I am new to a website and I am a Flight Operation Officer from CAA Pakistan, they call it Flight Operation Officer here in Pakistan.

I would like to know is that, as URRVCTR mentioned about the job interview in ME. What is the full abbreviation of ME, is it an airline or recruiting firm?

cruisingeagle
4th Feb 2013, 14:17
Hi there,,

do anyone know wht will be the salary range for an Aircraft Dispatcher in middle east??

like UAE or Qatar or Oman:ok:

Golan
28th May 2013, 08:56
dear amarje3t (http://www.pprune.org/members/366314-amarje3t)
I am planning to do the flight dispatcher course in Emirates Aviation College, in order to get the flight dispatcher GCAA license at the end of the course I have to pass (on the job training for three months) could you please give me information about how to get this job training and where to find it .. I mean is it easy to find and join such job trainings here in UAE ???!! and thanks in advance.:ugh:

Golan
28th May 2013, 08:57
and please to respond to my question on my E-mail :
[email protected]

punch of thanks :)

cruisingeagle
20th Jun 2013, 15:34
YES u need to have 90 days OJT and observation report + tech exam.

but if you have experience as an assistant flight dispatcher for 1 year, u only need to sit for the tech exam, and easily u can get the licence...

you may check with some domestic airlines as OJT part time.

hope this is usefull..
bst rgds