PDA

View Full Version : Cabri crash: Camden, NSW

Squeaks
13th Apr 2012, 07:54
Helicopter crash at Camden Airport (http://macarthur-chronicle-camden.whereilive.com.au/news/story/breaking-news-two-men-walk-away-from-helicopter-crash-at-camden-airport/)

TWO men walked away from a helicopter crash at Camden Airport this afternoon.

Police say the two men were practising take-offs and landings in a single engine chopper before it crashed to the ground about 2.50pm.

One of the men had an injured leg.

The chopper had damage to the underbelly of the craft but the extent is not fully known.

A NSW police spokesman said the crash occurred from a fairly short distance off the ground.

Camden airport spokeswoman Meredith Laverty said the airport was closed for a only half an hour before it re-opened again at 3.20pm.

The fire brigade, police and ambulance services all responded to the emergency.

I'd like to see a crash occur a long way off the ground :p

Unconfirmed that it's a Cabri, but that's the current rumour.

SilsoeSid
13th Apr 2012, 09:09
I'd like to see a crash occur a long way off the ground :p

Do you mean like a mid air !!! :rolleyes:

**EXCLUSIVE VIDEO FOOTAGE OF THE HUDSON RIVER HELICOPTER/PLANE CRASH**8/14/09 - YouTube

Happy now !

alicopter
13th Apr 2012, 11:01
breaking news??? 13 Apr 12 @ 0436PM ??? Computer says 13 Apr 12 1200hrs at this very moment!!! Something tells me that somehow I am locked in the Future!!!!! A Cambri or a Cabri?

Sorry! did not notice it was in NSW.... My mistake, stupid me...

mickjoebill
13th Apr 2012, 11:36
TWO men walked away from a helicopter crash at Camden Airport this afternoon.
Even at the busiest GA airfields in oz if you cant walk away from the prang and the craft catches fire you are reliant on fire cover by volunteers who have to travel to the local station, don their kit, then travel to the airfield.

How long did it take volunteer fire service to arrive from town in response to this prang?

Mickjoebill

lelebebbel
13th Apr 2012, 11:47
It is a Cabri. Video of the incident site here. Doesn't look too bad.
Two men survive chopper crash on MSN Video (http://video.au.msn.com/watch/video/two-men-survive-chopper-crash/x05pzrf?cpkey=9dd1ba6b-de5e-4d5d-80df-7281241ad5d5%7C%7C%7C%7C)

mhale71
13th Apr 2012, 12:15
Wording kind of pisses me off.. as its a bit fire and explosions, blood and guts oh the humanity!... especially when its people you know..

I hate witness reports... "presumably student and pupil.."