PDA

View Full Version : Wiking Helikopter sold Italian

christianty11
12th Apr 2012, 10:23
Rumors coming down that Wiking sold his italian ship to Denmark.
Any confirmations? The first and only AW139 in Gemany for a bit more than one year and now lost. What a terrible sign...
Whats up with the market? CHC and Bristow losing contracts, NHV and Dancopter winning contracts. When starts the big growing again?
And is the windmill market out of the Germany coast a rotten egg?

Damn, what about the scissors theory?

Ready2Fly
12th Apr 2012, 11:12
According to Helionline.de (http://www.helionline.de:):

D-HOAB - Agusta-Westland AW139 (c/n 31129) cancelled to Denmark as OY-HSN, 2012. (published 10.04.2012)

Rigging Pin
12th Apr 2012, 11:33
Not the 1st time 139's are ending up in Denmark
Have a look at this link Publication Name: (http://news.belair.dk/2011/Juli/) and look at page 5.

The company is Bel Air... lease a 139 from CHC got 1 painted in their own colours and the 2nd "new" 139 is painted "over" a familiar colour scheme....:rolleyes:

RP

Ready2Fly are you sure about the registration? OY-HSN is a atlantic airways 139.. definitely not registered in 2012
Check page 282 of this thread http://www.pprune.org/rotorheads/292051-rotorheads-around-world-incl-views-cockpit-282.html

eivissa
12th Apr 2012, 13:21
This was published in 2010:
2010 - Atlantic Airways (http://www.atlantic.fo/Default.aspx?pageid=18382)

"Atlantic Airways has an option to lease back the helicopter in 2011 to support its operations."

AFAIK The actual agreement sounded like "if we win a certain contract, we get it back!"

What happened is, Atlantic won that contract...

Spunk
12th Apr 2012, 15:20
Ready2Fly are you sure about the registration? OY-HSN is a atlantic airways 139.. definitely not registered in 2012

Registration seems to be right. It was OY-HSN when it arrived in Germany about a year ago and is reregisterd as OY-HSN.

So, how are the local operators going to fly OFFSHORE without breaking the rules. I doubt it that you can operate legally with a BO 105, an EC 135 or even with an S76 considering fuel reserve, payload and flight peformance class1 when winching next to one of those wind mills.

bolkow
12th Apr 2012, 18:49
well in the UK an EC135 is already operating as th efirst windfarm helicopter and as far as I am aware is doing so successfully. Its been on contract at least over a year now.

nessboy
12th Apr 2012, 20:21
Passed through Sumburgh (EGPB) on the 4th March enroute Vagar (EKVG)

helihub
13th Apr 2012, 04:42
Bolkow - are you sure about that?? Reports (see your PM) at Helitech 2011 time last autumn stated the EC135 had yet to fly on any windfarm work, despite having been fitted out ready and displayed at Helitech 2009 (http://www.abpic.co.uk/photo/1193680/)....

For at least the second half of February and most of March it was filling in on the Scottish lighthouse duties, nowhere near the Southern North Sea windfarm...

Epiphany
13th Apr 2012, 06:44
EC135 has been operating on wind farm support in Denmark for years.

christianty11
13th Apr 2012, 09:12
In Denmark for years? Who do it? Is it Bond? Out of Esbjerg?
Disregard. That's Uni Fly.

HeliHenri
13th Apr 2012, 09:28
In Denmark : Unifly
In UK : Bond

Spunk
13th Apr 2012, 09:30
EC135 has been operating on wind farm support in Denmark for years.

Yeah, I know, but those wind mills are "close" to the shoreline thus not requiring too much fuel to get there, winch the staff and go back home.

How do you handle the situation if you have to fly further out and no refueling is available. HOGE next to a windmill, x-wind at least 2 crew, two to three engineers to be winched with 65% of fuel on scene ... is that possible and legal?

Just asking as I'm not rated on EC 135.

RotorDompteur
13th Apr 2012, 10:20
I don’t mean to sidetrack this thread further away from the initial AW139 and offshore market questions, but I just need to reply to this;
Spunk; I doubt it that you can operate legally with a BO 105, an EC 135 or even with an S76 considering fuel reserve, payload and flight peformance class1 when winching next to one of those wind mills.

I am not sure exactly what aspect of the operation you refer to as being questionable – but I would be happy to dispel any uncertainties.

We have indeed been flying an EC135 in the wind farm support role for about 9 years now, including many thousand hoist operations to the wind turbines.
Naturally, we always ensure that we have Class 1 flight performance in general and HOGE OEI performance in particular, before commencing hoist operations by the wind turbines. And naturally, we do not compromise our fuel reserves.

Sure – you can’t expect to be able to do it at MAUW on a warm day with no wind. But then again, most helicopters can’t. So you adjust and do it at a weight which is within limits.
Simple, really. :ok:

RotorDompteur
13th Apr 2012, 10:28
Spunk;
I just saw your next post;

If hoist operations were to be done far offshore the best solution would probably be to have an offshore refueling possibilty.

Normally you don't do hoist operations in crosswind - the nacelle can turn in azimuth to ensure you hover in headwind.

:ok:

Just a tought - should we have an separate thread for this kind of operations...?

Brilliant Stuff
13th Apr 2012, 20:13
fndv4qDfKcc

christianty11
15th Apr 2012, 16:22
The video does not work in Germany :{

500e
15th Apr 2012, 17:23
Helicopter Hoist Offshore Windturbines - YouTube
christianty11
Try this

eivissa
15th Apr 2012, 18:55
Firefox addon "Proxtube" is your friend :ok:

malabo
16th Apr 2012, 01:12
Looks like some legal pretzel of EASA misregulation has turned this into a Performance Class 1 operation requiring a hoist operator, hoist, two engines with HOGE OEI etc.

Utility work, just fly Class 3. No need for a hoist, it would be easier just to put a skid on the rail. Wouldn't even be a hover exit. Any decent single would do -500, 407, 350.

Here's what it looks like:
-mJDNr61PK0

SARMEET
18th Apr 2012, 11:49
htm-offshore.de (http://www.htm-offshore.de/)

Torquetalk
18th Apr 2012, 12:18
Advertising rates on pprune are quite reasonable "SARMEET". HTM should do it properly.

But while you are here, could you offer some insight into one or two questions?

Does your company fly single pilot operations on the North Sea?

Do you have permanently employed pilots employed in these offshore operations or are they freelancers/Bundeswehr moonlighters?

Hoping you can put a few (surely malign) rumours to bed.