PDA

View Full Version : The Ultimate Source on US Military News

SASless
10th Apr 2012, 13:10
It is a blog....but the info that shows up here is cracker!

These folks are far ahead of the regular media in covering stories of great significance to the American Military and dig into the issues to provide up to date and interesting articles. I highly recommend this source for news.

The Duffel Blog The Duffel Blog (http://www.duffelblog.com/)

Runaway Gun
10th Apr 2012, 16:05
Do they discuss the mark up in the Brize Bar? Or how many days you have left in the service? Or why pilots wear flightsuits when they aren't flying? Or what it was like 'when I was a lad'?

lj101
10th Apr 2012, 16:39
McLean, VA – After instituting a get-tough policy on drunk drivers at the Quantico Marine Corps base, commanders believed they would be ridding the roads of drunk drivers. Instead, they’ve found themselves in the crosshairs of a federal lawsuit. According to the Marine Corps Times, a federal judge “has now tossed out five DWI cases against Marines after ruling that their constitutional rights were violated.”

Marines onboard Quantico were quite satisfied with the ruling. With beer in hand, Lance Corporal Ethan Thomas was elated.

“It feels pretty good to know that we won’t be charged with double jeopardy if we get caught driving out there,” said Thomas. “Anybody want to go into D.C.? I’ll drive.”

The ruling means Quantico officials have had to change their policy regarding drunk drivers. The original policy meant that Marines could face non-judicial punishment as well as trial in civilian courts. Now, commanders will have to choose.

“Marines are held to a higher standard,” said Judge Advocate Captain Michael Eli, “if they violate the rules, they should face NJP, court martial, civilian trial, hold a sign that says ‘I’m an asshole’, and be put on working party.”

But attorneys defending the Marines in the case said it makes no sense to single out Marines for multiple punishments that civilians would never face. The federal judge agreed.

Duty NCO Sergeant Elliott Rodriguez said this could mean trouble. “I’m not getting any freaking sleep tonight, that’s for sure. I’ll have the MP’s calling every 5 minutes, saying ‘Hey, we got another one.’”

When asked about driving after drinking a few beers, Lance Corporal Thomas answered, “It’s ok bro. I was just kidding. We’re going to take a bus.”

At the time of this story, MCB Quantico had 38 DWI’s at the front gate. Lance Corporal Thomas happened to be one of them. He was caught with a stolen government bus, filled with 12 Marines, 26 strippers, 158 beers, “more condoms than could be counted”, and a horrid stench of vomit.

There’s no word yet on whether he will receive civilian trial, NJP, or wear a sign that says “I’m an asshole”.

Priceless.

SASless
10th Apr 2012, 17:13
The report of the Coast Guard Cutter sinking was the one that caught my eye....

The Duffel Blog » Coast Guard Cutter Capsizes, Dozens Wet » The Duffel Blog (http://www.duffelblog.com/2012/03/coast-guard-cutter-capsizes-dozens-wet/?fb_comment_id=fbc_10150688162964566_21811161_10150715871484 566#f295918d94)

Scuttled
10th Apr 2012, 22:07
This site contains some of the most original satire I have seen for a long, long, time.

BZ

However, far funnier are 50% of the comments posted by some extraordinarily stupid people who think it is for real. Brilliant. Loved the Combat Admin Bloke Impersonator skit and the Air Force Colonel banning chairs in his command for reasons of posture.