PDA

View Full Version : Sbach 342 Group - Kent

OliverWallace
9th Apr 2012, 13:44
Hi all,

I am blown away by the XtremeAir Sbach planes and have been looking into purchasing an Sbach 342 for use in the South East of England. I would like to set up an aircraft ownership group to make the plane affordable to a small group of pilots. Is there any demand for this sort of plane in the South East?

Thanks.

Oliver

18greens
10th Apr 2012, 22:15
That is a fantastic aircraft.

I would love one. Where are you thinking of basing it, what sort of numbers are you talking and what are you planning to use it for?.

Runaway Gun
10th Apr 2012, 22:21
I'm sure that many pilots would love such an opportunity, however just because they can afford a share doesn't mean that they can safely fly it. Be very careful on who you let into your club.

Chris8kcab
11th Apr 2012, 14:03
Yes would be tempted with this,

Keep me informed

Chris

OliverWallace
12th Apr 2012, 15:43
18greens: I live just a couple of miles down the road from Biggin Hill, but would consider other airfields in the South-East just depending on demand really, so long as it wouldn't take me too long to travel there.

If there is not enough demand I may just have to purchase it myself and be the sole user, I've heard that a few people have already done this in the UK (Rich city workers) although I don't think I can be as spurious with my money as them! I wouldn't want too many people involved though, was thinking 6-8 people so a share price of approx. 30k to 45k GBP.

I want one for touring as well as aerobatics (Plane is VFR only), do you mean about commercial use and competition aerobatics? Haven't really thought about that... competition aerobatics done safely I can't see being an issue and commercial use could invoke some sort of additional cost, I think that seems fair, although I'm not sure what other groups do so really quite open to options.

Runaway Gun: Thanks for the tip, I hadn't thought about that. I would have thought that those that cannot fly would not be able to get realistic (i.e. affordable) insurance premiums for flying the plane and hence natural selection would take place, I might have to rethink this if there are people interested in this opportunity!

Chris: Will do, I'll post updates in this forum so should be easier for you to track. Although if there aren't enough motivated people come summer I'll just take the plunge by myself!

checkpointcharlie
13th Apr 2012, 18:31
Hi Oliver,

Also interested......keep me informed.

Rgds,

CPC

OliverWallace
14th Feb 2016, 10:11
Finally a 342 at a reasonable price, the following is a fine example of the plane, interior is slightly worn in some areas, but will only cost around £145,000 so becomes a lot more affordable.

PlaneCheck Aircraft for Sale - New planes and price reductions (http://www.planecheck.com/index.asp?ent=ap&man=&des=XA42&type=&grp=XtremeAir%20XA42%20/%20Sbach%20342&id=0)

Can have a test flight in Germany, so also a great excuse for a short holiday!

If anyone is interested in setting up a group with me for this plane, please get in touch. I'd be happy to limit the number of shares to anything from 2-5.

Oliver

minesastella
17th Feb 2016, 09:48
I've flown in this one about 18 months ago. It was in pretty good shape at the time ..... although it looks like an engine replacement was needed since.

Fairly straightforward to fly once you get used to the roll rate (which is mind bending if you start really moving the stick). The outer reaches of the flight envelope are easily accessed and yet no place for the inexperienced.

A bit like a 200hp superbike really - Fantastic fun, virtually anyone can ride one, but watch out if you cannot control you right wrist !.

ATCO91
21st Feb 2016, 19:18
I cant afford a share but I'll happily act as ballast in the P2 seat for you. I always arrive with Tea coffee and cake ;)