PDA

View Full Version : Collarenebri

propelled
8th Apr 2012, 11:38
G'day,

was thinking about flying up to visit a friend in Collarenebri soon.. Just wanted to know if anyone has flown into that aerodrome n what parking is like etc.. i noticed that the main rwy and apron is now sealed.. should i expect to park it down on the apron for a night or 2, or just bring the grass tie down kit with me?
haven't done many fly aways as yet so just a heads up be great.. was planning to get fuel out of Moree on way back to Syd..
cheers guys!

Clearedtoreenter
8th Apr 2012, 16:39
Its a fully operational facility with everything you could want, tower, ILS, choice of FBO's fuel, hangarage, dancing girls and the lot. Er, well, no, it's not quite there yet to be honest.... The strip is now excellent bitumen and one of the best around there, but that's about it. Beyond that its a fairly typical small town country strip, virtually no-one (visible) and nothing around, not even a fence of any consequence. I'd be a bit wary about leaving a plane unattended there but the RFDS seem to visit from time to time and maybe theres some arrangement i dont know about. There is a very helpful person at the local council you can ring who will know more about the local scene and security (number in ERSA). As for parking and tie downs etc.... Well....

propelled
8th Apr 2012, 16:56
haha.. thnx for the helpful? reply mate..lol..
yep, am planning calling the local council a call on tuesday.. just wanted some current info on the joint thats all.. anyway thnx again will let u know how i go..
cheers

Harry Cooper
9th Apr 2012, 23:16
The apron there is quite small and as mentioned the RFDS are in and out of there a fair bit both day and night. Probably a good idea, if its possible, to push your aircraft off the apron onto the grass as its already a fairly tight turning area for a King Air as it is. If you can't then parking hard up into the NE corner of the apron would probably be best. Cheers.

Jack Ranga
10th Apr 2012, 00:01
Don't forget your ASIC :ok: And throttle lock :ok: And make sure the aircraft is secured in a way that doesn't allow access to a..................you know what :ok:

propelled
10th Apr 2012, 00:07
thanks guys for the good tips! cheers..

Jack Ranga
10th Apr 2012, 01:23
No worries mate, least I could do :}

Adsie
11th Apr 2012, 09:48
I think that your aircraft will be fine ovenight there.

The post that has been placed here are obviously from people that mostly have not stayed in the "outer" regions.

Enjoy you flight