PDA

View Full Version : Grumman Bearcat fatal accident Breckenridge Tx

Nopax,thanx
5th Apr 2012, 11:16
Hi all;

Not sure where to put this as it falls within many categories....sad news of the demise of well-known warbird owner Howard Pardue yesterday at Breckenridge.

West Texas pilot killed shortly after takeoff - KFDA - NewsChannel 10 / Amarillo News, Weather, Sports (http://www.newschannel10.com/story/17335559/west-texas-pilot-killed-shortly-after-takeoff)

Howard was a great friend to many and will be sadly missed.

Mods, please feel free to move this thread to wherever you think would be most appropriate.

waveskimmer
5th Apr 2012, 12:09
Very sad,my condolences to his family and friends

Petercwelch
5th Apr 2012, 12:27
Sad story. Have enjoyed Mr. Pardue at OSH KOSH for many years. Wonder what happened.

fltlt
5th Apr 2012, 14:47
Since Harlingen 81, with the Corsair. RIP my friend, you will be sorely missed.

con-pilot
5th Apr 2012, 15:51
I met Howard quite a few times, he was a character full of life. The world of aviation just got a little bit smaller.

I'll have a Scotch looking west tonight.

JEM60
5th Apr 2012, 17:29
Very sad. I also saw him several times at Oshkosh, firstly when he was part of the Corsair take-off collision on the runway. It is possibly not well known that he frequently flew at Flying Legends Air Display at Duxford until recently.

treadigraph
5th Apr 2012, 22:43
He flew TFC's Hellcat and Wildcat at Legends and I watched him display his Sea Fury at Oshkosh and race it at Reno. Wow!

One of the main contributors to warbird preservation. A couple of beers were raised in Brighton this afternoon.