PDA

View Full Version : Air Frontier again....on the funny side this time./Merged

sms777
4th Apr 2012, 22:26
So....who planted the snake in the Baron the other day that made the news.
Was at you tinnie....:}

Wally Mk2
4th Apr 2012, 23:07
.....I wunder if this guy is related to Dominic?:E
I can see a Cleo contract being signed soon:E
Women pilots & spiders wouldn't be a good combo either:-)

Wmk2

Howard Hughes
4th Apr 2012, 23:09
Women pilots & spiders wouldn't be a good combo either:-)

Geez mate, I ain't too fond of spiders that drop out of nowhere meself!;)

Pinky the pilot
5th Apr 2012, 05:02
I reckon that carrying a few hundred (260 to be exact, all about 80 to 90cm long) live salt water crocs in an A model 402 and having one get out of its cardboard container whilst in flight would be just as frightening!:eek:

Didn't happen to me thankfully. But when I got them to their destination, can't remember where now, too long ago, the recievers took one out of it's container and made me hold it!:uhoh:

Chuckles or Tinpis; You know of the incident? Think it happened to a Talair Pilot.

Homesick-Angel
5th Apr 2012, 07:03
To all of you who feel you've been through it all on a flight, try this (http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/more-news/snake-on-a-plane-no-really/story-fn7x8me2-1226319694821) on for size...:eek:

dabz
5th Apr 2012, 07:46
Snakes on the plane!!!

Checkboard
5th Apr 2012, 09:06
Ansett had a female passenger scream about a snake, and point out a bite mark on her daughter. Aircraft was grounded for a week searching, and eventually fumigating it.

Turns out she injured her daughter with a pin, just for the settlement claim. :mad:

Torres
5th Apr 2012, 09:33
Pinky. Around '69 or '70 my old mate RF operated River Baiyer - Hagen in, I think, a C206. Tara Monohan put a snake on at Baiyer River in a woven basket and during the flight it got free, slithering into the cockpit. RF put his flight bag over the snake and did a very rapid one hand landing and taxi into the Talair terminal, only to be met by Heli complaining about his taxi speed.

The incident may be in "Balus"? Or Tinnie may remember, think he was in Hagen around that time? It was well before Chuck joined the team.

torquemada60
6th Apr 2012, 02:56
Pilot turns back after snake pops out of dashboard - WTOP.com (http://www.wtop.com/?nid=681&sid=2815620)

welcome to Australia :ok:

tinpis
6th Apr 2012, 23:16
Tara was scary enough :hmm:

sixtiesrelic
8th Apr 2012, 00:28
Ken Jarrold had a three foot croc loose in a Skyvan in the very early seventies.
Plenty of room for it to scuttle behind the controls... Mate ya had to leave your pilot's seat and walk to the side of the aircraft to look straight down the side of the beast ath what you were passing over.
Kenny decided to use just aileron and elevator for the rest of the flight.

propblast
10th Apr 2012, 03:17
A snake loose in a plane, that would be my worst nightmare. I hate the things.

Well done that man for getting it down pronto. Id be reaching for a change of undies.

260 to be exact, all about 80 to 90cm long) live salt water crocs

I'll take one of those crocs over a snake anyday. I loved working with them in a previous life before flying.

tinpis
10th Apr 2012, 22:07
Sixtiesrelic why do I have a memory of a very nervous cargo boi sitting on top of a cone marker plonked over a very agitated puk puk ?

sixtiesrelic
11th Apr 2012, 10:04
Don't remember that one.
We had one along with us the day we shut an engine down as a precaution. He'd been grabbed to be a cabin attendant on a boi charter... no training in the art. he was there to give confidence to oli down the back and make them keep their seat belts on... didn't tell 'em how to unbuckle em till .
He sat bulging eyed, looking at it the stopped prop expecting to die, till I told him to monitor the one still keeping us up.
He kept her going for us and never took the opportunity to get out of loading aeroplanes at his home port by bossing bushies around and cuddling the radios to keep warm.

Animalclub
12th Apr 2012, 00:51
Crewing boi charters... now there's a few good memories!!

D'pirate
12th Apr 2012, 02:27
In the late 70's I had to fly the infamous "Lead Sled" from Vanimo up to Goroka for maintenance and carried a large crate containing a young Muruk for one of the Kargo Bois who was making an instalment on his "bride". Towards the end of the flight it had started to make a determined break for freedom. The head was out and he had one foot clear and was nearly free by the time I landed. Could have been messy!

tinpis
12th Apr 2012, 05:16
I flew an uncaged Okuk around a few times

LeadSled
12th Apr 2012, 07:16
tinpis,
Wasn't Imbaki Okuk, was it??
Tootle pip!!

tinpis
12th Apr 2012, 10:40
The very one http://www.katzy.dsl.pipex.com/Smileys/cannibal.gif

tinpis
13th Apr 2012, 04:03
Ain't heard the Qween Air for a while?

Ejector
13th Apr 2012, 05:53
I d o not think anyone planted the snake.