PDA

View Full Version : Sheffield Course Material

Bizjetter
4th Apr 2012, 20:17
Does anyone have any electronic course material for the Sheffield Dispatchers Course? Before I get shot down in flames I am not trying to get something for nothing. I am intending to do the course next year but want to brush up/ get ahead.

Anything would be appreciated to give me an idea of what to expect.

Thanks!

monkey lover
5th Apr 2012, 07:29
I would concentrate on the FAA ADX exam and get it out of the way as soon as possible, then worry about the Sheffield course when you are there.

It is a lot of information to take in over a short space of time especially if you haven't been in a classroom for a while, but it is worth it

Good luck ML

BizAvIntl
6th Apr 2012, 00:38
Second Monkey the FAA ADX is one to know. As you don't cover it much in class. If you learn the ADX and know your weather inside and out the rest of the course will be easy.

:ok: Good luck

Is Brett still teaching there?

Bizjetter
6th Apr 2012, 07:20
I have started the ADX prep using the ASA iPad app. I will sit it at Farmborough when ready. That way it won't be a headache when I get there.

I'm not sure about Brett or other tutors as I haven't signed up yet. I intend to do the distance learning course which again will hopefully make it easier for the 6 day USA based part?

WyomingLine
8th Apr 2012, 12:58
Go to Jeppesen,this is the right place for Dispatchers school,they know about Aviation bussines very well,don,t spend your time and money in FLL

good luck:ok:

emorris
10th Apr 2012, 10:00
I agree that Jeppesen knows Aviation bussines (sic) very well - they tried to buy Sheffield School years ago - I had to say 'no thx.'
Eric Morris
President
Sheffield School of Aeronautics (est. 1948)

Bizjetter
10th Apr 2012, 10:07
Eric

I am coming to you don't worry, mind is made up.

I have the ASA ATP book on order from Amazon and will sit it at Flight Safety in the UK before I come.

It is a little premature to contact you via website as I can't do the course until next year.

I hope you don't think I am trying to get anything for nothing via prune as I'm not, I just wondered if anyone had any old stuff I could cast my eye over so I know what to expect.

Best wishes

merlinxx
10th Apr 2012, 11:40
Was that the bid pre or post the Boeing takeover of Jepp ?

Bizjetter
10th Apr 2012, 11:53
Merlin check your pm? Thanks

NISHTA
11th Apr 2012, 10:57
Tried the distance learning, you need to warm up the seat big time here, I mean it...
Do not bother if you are going to take it easy...

Going for the 5 weeks course myself, informed by the admissions officer at Sheffield, you can receive on-line course material (current) for $100.00 and study at your own pace prior to joining the training.
That will be included in your course fee once you at FLL.:D