PDA

View Full Version : ERJ-135/145/Legacy required

asdf1234
4th Apr 2012, 20:12
Hi All,

We are looking to purchase an ERJ-135, ERJ-145 or Legacy 600. EASA/N-reg unimportant. Must be 2005 yom or earlier.

We've done our desktop research - if it's on the web, we already know about it!

It also helps if you are the owner or at least mandated by a owner but will consider all serious responses.

Thanks,

ASDF1234

LGW Vulture
4th Apr 2012, 21:37
Seeing what is on the web and knowing the market are completely unrelated. There´s research and well, there´s guesswork. :ugh:

Now, are you buying a 135 shuttle or airliner, 145 shuttle or airliner or Legacy 600?

Do you know what you want or are you unsure of the correct designation of the Legacy 600?

I suspect you haven´t purchased before because you wouldn´t be on here pressing the flesh! In which case, you shouldn´t be making these decisions.

Good luck. You might need it.

asdf1234
5th Apr 2012, 06:16
We want the airframe and will convert to Legacy standard. We've done it before. There is no harm in "pressing the flesh" on here where there are many pilots who may just know that their owner is ready to upgrade or their airline is about to dispose of the aircraft we want.

spook
5th Apr 2012, 09:03
asdf1234, I've sent you PM.

Spook

Fiero88
5th Apr 2012, 09:05
Honestly, I wish you all the luck in the world. Been there, done that.
The aircraft lacks the range, so you need to consider extra fuel tanks.
Due to weight and balance, you need to position the extra tanks at different locations, which in turn does require a complicated fuel balance system. Embraer does not give you the required load analyses/structural info. The authorities will throw in a couple of wrenches etc.

It is not just putting a luxury cabin in. It will be much more and looking at the second hand market prices, you might consider just to buy a ready made Legacy 600.:O

FrankR
5th Apr 2012, 09:53
Don't forget how "It can positively be ready in 4 months for x$ thousands" always seems to turn into 9 months, 3x$ thousands, and two or three bouts with the authorities. Oh, if you find something wrong whilst pulling panels, you add more to your scope and cost.

Buy what you really want today, and fly tomorrow with a smile on your face...

- I have the early grey hairs to prove it...

FR