PDA

View Full Version : Training all at one school?

Paul H
4th Apr 2012, 14:41
I currently have my PPL, ATPL theory & 80% of my 150hrs. I did my theory at BCFT and my PPL in Hertfordshire. I'm currently back with my parents in the midlands and have planned for several months to head back to Bournemouth to do the CPL, ME, IR, MCC.
However, from a cost & convienience point of view I can do my CPL at my current aerodrome and save myself both time and money before heading to B'mouth to do the rest.
I've "heard" that airlines prefer you to do all of your training at one school, how true is this?

Thanks.

AdamLT
4th Apr 2012, 15:22
It seems the preferred option to do CPL/IR training at one school.

Here is Flybe's requirements:

First officers

Flybe recruit First Officers from a variety of backgrounds and experience levels. Our aim is to recruit candidates with the potential for future command opportunities within the airline.
Newly qualified pilots should have completed either an Integrated or Modular flying course at a recognised Flight Training Organisation (FTO). A minimum of 90% average at ground school stage of training is required. In addition to holding a valid UK CAA or JAR licence and medical on application First Officer candidates should also have completed a Multi Crew Co-operation course. Modular candidates should have completed training at a single FTO, not including basic PPL training or ATPL theory study and examination.

Good luck with the training.

pudoc
4th Apr 2012, 15:45
I have seen some Euro airlines require integrated or everything from PPL to MCC done at one school. They were a little lenient on the MCC because not everyone provides it.

v1rotate1
4th Apr 2012, 16:13
Do your PPL locally. For CPL and ME/IR I'd go back to BCFT. I did mine there and endorse them wholly. MCC, go to CRM at White Waltham - excellent there too.

From my experience it's good to get through the CPL and IR first time passes and then go to a good MCC school as airlines seem reather interested in where you've done your MCC.

Good luck - worth it in the end!