mole man
4th Apr 2012, 12:34
MPA Sched from LGW

Can anyone post the MPA Sched from LGW

Many Thanks

Mole Man:ok:

Tableview
4th Apr 2012, 13:00
That would be Katima Mulilo in Namibia. I would be surprised, to say the least, to learn that there are flights to there from LGW.

MPA is an airline? MP used to be Martinair Holland which has been absorbed into KLM.

cornish-stormrider
4th Apr 2012, 13:11
At risk of a wah I think the OP means to RAF mount pleasant - y'ken. The Falkland Islands......

Top Bunk Tester
4th Apr 2012, 13:17
At at risk of being shouted down by the usual suspects - BEADWINDOW

In other words mole man - NO

Heathrow Harry
4th Apr 2012, 13:20
Mount Pleasant in the Falklands I suspect

I think the current RAF Airbridge schedule, open to civilians, is leaving Brize Sunday & Wednesday and returning Mon & Thurs night - round 24 hours door to door each way

The LAN Chile commercial flight leaves Santiago at some ungodly hour every Saturday morning via Punta Arenas and sometimes stops in Rio Gallegos - gets you in around 14:00 and back to Santiago by 22:00

there is also an oil field trash charter out of Gatwick every couple of weeks while they are drilling - which they are now - its the shortest trip as they stop in W Africa rather than Ascension - don't think its open to all comers - might be a Thursday down and Friday back but don't quote me

Top Bunk Tester
4th Apr 2012, 13:23
Was about to amend my post to say unless you are talking about a civair route, in which case carry on, Then Heathrow Harry pipes in and compounds the error :ugh:

Heathrow Harry
4th Apr 2012, 13:31
like you the only MPA I could think of related to LGW was Mt Pleasant

but from google:-

runway is 2290 m

Katima Mulilo has a small airport (IATA: MPA, ICAO: FYKM), which is serviced regularly for example by Air Namibia from Windhoek Eros. The airport lies on the B8, 18 kilometres south-west of the town centre.

Passenger Services Katima Mulilo (MPA)
Hage Geingob Street, Opposite Pep Store
Tel: +264-66-253 191/250 204
Fax: +264-66-252191
Email: [email protected]

Sideshow Bob
4th Apr 2012, 14:21
Top Bunk Tester,

A Civvy charter flight flying the same route same times each week. Flight plan filed on the civvy system for anyone who cares to look at, so where exactly is the beadwindow?

Tableview
4th Apr 2012, 14:35
Falklands Island Government Office telephone 0207 222 2542
Brize Norton enquiries :01993-896050/895861
http://www.falklands.info/factfile/ficflight.xls
Falklands Information Web Portal - Lan Chile Flights (http://www.falklands.info/factfile/flan.html)

Top Bunk Tester
4th Apr 2012, 14:37
Sideshow Bob

As I said above was about to amend my post but still contend that any movements in/out of BZN should not be broadcast across the open net.

fabs
4th Apr 2012, 16:02
Brize Departures (Some) (http://www.ukairportinformation.com/arrivals-26-raf_brize_norton_airport.htm)

Brize Arrivals (Some) (http://www.ukairportinformation.com/arrivals-26-raf_brize_norton_airport.htm)

lj101
4th Apr 2012, 17:14
Falklands Information Web Portal - MOD Flights (http://www.falklands.info/factfile/fmod.html)

More beads flying out of the window.

Geehovah
4th Apr 2012, 17:22
At least the schedule would be changed if tension increased.................................. wouldn't it????????????

Frustrated....
4th Apr 2012, 19:20
So the schedule is now operated by Air Zambezi.

That fills me with loads of confidence given that Zambia does not have a great history of airlines operating aircraft safely. In fact, last summer the EU banned all Zambian regulated airlines from flying in EU airspace due to "noted safety deficiencies and inadequacies in the regulatory systems by the Department of Civil Aviation (DCA) of Zambia."

See European Commission bans Zambian airlines - Zambia 24 (http://zambia24.com/other-news/news/european-commission-bans-zambian-airlines.html)

Now we are stooping so low and definitely going with the lowest bidder for the service!

Willard Whyte
4th Apr 2012, 20:34
I'd be more interested in flights back home from MPA.

I'll always remember the NOTAM pack I got from home base many moons ago. We'd requested info on MPA to Montevideo, and received info for the Cairo FIR.

Summat to do with EGYP(t), methinks.

MFC_Fly
4th Apr 2012, 21:27
MPA Sched from LGW
And there was me thinking this was another Nimrod or P8 thread :E

inputshaft
4th Apr 2012, 23:41
Mole Man

The flight to RAF Mount Pleasant from LGW is an oil company charter flight, leaving Gatwick every other Tues. I've just done the crew change to the platform today, so the next flight from LGW will be Tue 17th Apr and so on.

There are spaces for paying customers, similar prices to the RAF Airbridge. Hope that helps, if that's what you were looking for.

mole man
5th Apr 2012, 14:07
:ok:Thanks Inputshaft

I have sent you a PM

Mole Man

Heathrow Harry
5th Apr 2012, 17:05
Thanks inputshaft - hadn't realised it was taking non oil field people

understand that Rockhopper co-ordinate loadings for all the other oil companies - is this true?

Top Bunk - a bit crazy to say that no details should be given about flights from BZN when the airbridge is advertised by MoD, FIG, travel agents etc etc - funnily enough paying customers like to know when they are going (and even more importantly) when they are coming back

inputshaft
5th Apr 2012, 18:01
HH,

Going off on a bit of a tangent, but to answer your question

Rockhopper were the exploration company, the people with the cash, as it were. They completed their exploration phase at the end of 2011, but hope to go into production a few years down the road. The end customer now is Borders and Southern.

AGR is the drilling company and part of that is organizing logistics. So they control the charter flight.

Heathrow Harry
6th Apr 2012, 08:28
Thanks - actually AGR are a contract drilling company based in Aberdeen - they were contracted to manage the drilling locally by Rockhopper, who I think are based near Salisbury.

They, Borders & Southern , Desire & Argos are small exploration companies tho a large US company is apparently looking at doing a deal with Rockhopper now they've found something

the various websites are a mine of information

(shares may go up or down etc etc etc)