PDA

View Full Version : QR Leave Pay Back

hotline330
3rd Apr 2012, 14:05
Any news regarding the pay back of the one week leave that has been taken ?:confused:

Chuck Noris
4th Apr 2012, 05:59
If you take the leave pay back make sure you do the maths. Our leave are payed leave, meaning if you take your leave you are payed anyways.

windshear-a-head
4th Apr 2012, 12:59
It hasn't been approved by 'higher management yet' so we might be lucky to see it at the end of the month - this was from an email earlier this week. :(

Paper Lad
5th Apr 2012, 06:43
What email? I don't recall seeing one.

Bearing in mind that the leave week was removed, from all pilots, without any form of consultation, it would have been nice to have been informed when the money would be paid into our accounts. But of course, I'm getting confused, consultation and QR don't go together.

It's perhaps as well that an ACN wasn't published about the intended reimbursment date as it would have been badly written and too complicated to understand.

PL

windshear-a-head
5th Apr 2012, 08:47
I sent a personal email (via company email) earlier this week to find out what the score was and the above was the reply. :ugh:

hotline330
6th Apr 2012, 09:33
When we joined we signed a contract with a paid 42 days of annual leave, which means I'm the one to decide weather to sell or not.

They took it away without asking us and still no one knows when are we getting the money.

we are flying our A$$ off, so pay us or at least let us know when like a normal people.

hotline330
27th Apr 2012, 17:25
any news ??

broompusher
27th Apr 2012, 20:22
S'pose we'll find out in a few days....

Puzzled FO
27th Apr 2012, 22:10
QR colleagues might be interested to see this:

(Scroll down to Article 81)

Embassy of Qatar - The Labour Law (http://www.qatarembassy.net/Qatar_Labour_Law.asp)

As I read it, QR is in direct contravention of Qatari employment law...

hotline330
28th Apr 2012, 10:44
I think this is just an ink on a paper , this country has no rules , the rule is the person infront of you so if likes you your problem is solved.

and QR had nothing to do with this , it's a company with a lot of gray areas specilay regarding laws .

loc22550
29th Apr 2012, 11:44
Right hotline 330,but don't let those guys do whatever they like,and change the rule according the wind direction or the mood of the day.Because For us (crew), if we ever dare to break any rules or regulations the stick and the sanction is just waiting around the corner..!

Personally I had no intention to give up one week vacation,simply because I'm entitled to have 42 days leave.. not 35, not 45... But 42!
I got my week vacation back.So simple as that.Fight for your rights and for what is right.

loc22550
29th Apr 2012, 12:13
I have NOTHING to do with the management.

loc22550
29th Apr 2012, 12:31
Any news about the 10 percents increase you announced a few weeks back..seems you are well informed and much more closed to the management than most of us...:bored:

loc22550
29th Apr 2012, 13:15
Ok...good luck with your Etihad assessment.:8