PDA

View Full Version : Blue cross leaves and flag is all white!

TBM-Legend
2nd Apr 2012, 06:14
Royal Navy must consider nuclear disarmament if UK splits | Politics | STV News (http://news.stv.tv/politics/302205-royal-navy-must-consider-nuclear-disarmament-if-uk-splits/)

Whenurhappy
2nd Apr 2012, 06:25
Establish HMNB Clyde & Rosyth Royal Dockyard SBAs. Simples.

Pontius Navigator
2nd Apr 2012, 07:27
Complete with duty free and tax free cars.

and

NAAFI :(

Whenurhappy
2nd Apr 2012, 08:37
No - won't be NAAFI; more likely partnered with a suitable local 'service provider'.

Cue local employment descrimination for SP Spouses; Friday afternoon/Monday morning convoys to Glasgow Airport and Glasgow Station; schooling issues from Southern (=English children); development of a 'Scottish' Navy; grim housing schemes outside the wire; Thatcher 'victim' mentality...

...so no change then!

Heathrow Harry
2nd Apr 2012, 12:10
aren't the Trident subs refueled at Plymouth? the ferry across the harbour was stoped twice recently - once to allow Vengeance to come in on March 2nd and again on March 27th to allow Vigilant to leave

Would be fairly easy to rebase the missiles to Devon I'd have thought - and the crews will get to leave Salmond's Scotland as well.....................

Whenurhappy
2nd Apr 2012, 12:37
HH,

That would be an elegant solution - but, inter alia, where would you keep the, err, missiles?

Tallsar
2nd Apr 2012, 15:00
I can see an nice new reload dock being built somewhere near Port Stanley! Nice and remote to keep CND and the H&S fraternity happy. Covers all issues then eh? :E

Whenurhappy
2nd Apr 2012, 15:51
And the locals are friendlier!

Jollygreengiant64
2nd Apr 2012, 16:48
Not in my baaaaaa ck yard...

cornish-stormrider
2nd Apr 2012, 16:57
they could always upgrade the big hollow hill to the upstream side of the Tamar bridge - the one that holds the weapon prep shed...........
run a secured train line between the big shed and the hill.....

Who do I see about my knighthood....?