PDA

View Full Version : Qatar Airways - iPad for all Pilots announced!

Miguel.
2nd Apr 2012, 05:15
After months and months and perhaps even years of rumours and speculation it's been announced. Each flight deck crew to be issued with an iPad allowing to check in for flights, conduct briefings etc. the CSD's already have them so a strong case this will transpire soon. :)

flyforfood1
2nd Apr 2012, 05:38
Great. Should get hoards of applications now....join QR, get a free iPad! :rolleyes:

Soap Box Cowboy
2nd Apr 2012, 07:54
And I just bought an ASUS :ugh:

gdukkoq
2nd Apr 2012, 12:24
Do you have a link related to this info? Or is it again a rumour...

MetoPower
2nd Apr 2012, 12:29
Rec this e-mail yesterday....& I love it.
Must be for all those who can't fly if they don't have...lol :O

Translated from German (pls correct if wrong):
Daughter : “Dad, how do you are you doing with yournew I-Pad you received for your birthday ?”
Father : “Good”
Daughter : “And the applications ?”
Father : “applications ?”
http://biertijd.com/mediaplayer/?itemid=33329 (http://biertijd.com/mediaplayer/?itemid=33329)

av8tordude
2nd Apr 2012, 16:56
I would say this more rumor than fact. := It is true, flight crews are using ipads in the cockpit, but those pilots purchase their own. Qr did not issue any ipads.

If you have some concrete facts to debunk my statement, by all means, please do share.:E

80-87
2nd Apr 2012, 22:16
April fools, me thinks?

tcas II
2nd Apr 2012, 22:28
:eek:Which ipad? the new ipad or ipad 2?

av8tordude
2nd Apr 2012, 23:36
April fools, me thinks?

I initially had this thought, but the post is dated 02 Apr

Which ipad? the new ipad or ipad 2?

What difference does it make? Unless there is evidence to support the ipad rumor, it just that, a RUMOR!:rolleyes: Don't feed this nonsense.

Miguel.
3rd Apr 2012, 07:59
iPad 2 3G version allowing mobile check in, downloads etc.

Issued in the newsletter.

Suntanned Captain
3rd Apr 2012, 14:12
Miguel,

Although true that it's in a newsletter, just keep in mind that it is a Training Newsletter, so not available to everyone.

Cheers

Mr.Bloggs
3rd Apr 2012, 22:39
Big deal. TCX pilots have had iPad2's since last year, and Qatar has somewhat bigger resources than TCX! Who would want to work for QR anyway. (Or TCX for that matter)