PDA

View Full Version : CHANIA GREECE LGSA

exploited
1st Apr 2012, 20:51
The place to any comments on what is working well and what not at LGSA, especially regarding ATC issues.

eastern wiseguy
1st Apr 2012, 21:51
Three postings in three separate parts of Pprune?

Grinding axe anyone?

exploited
2nd Apr 2012, 13:19
would be good to read the views of as many as possible, so I posted in all three parts as you've pointed out to get as much feedback as possible. Anything of substance to say besides irony?

tubby linton
2nd Apr 2012, 14:14
Could you do something about the tailwind that exists at both ends of the runway and install an ILS on 29?

exploited
3rd Apr 2012, 14:30
I imagine dealing with the former would be easier than the latter, especially with th current financial situation.:ouch: But please be bold and let it out ; what do you think of it?

Phileas Fogg
3rd Apr 2012, 14:44
Apparently they introduced some new routes to/from Libya last year which proved to be particularly successful!

exploited
3rd Apr 2012, 16:04
Not to my knowledge and definetely not affecting LGSA TMA. Just used existing routes ( no radar available). We just had to stretch ourselves and the system to get it done.

exploited
21st Apr 2012, 19:25
I guess everyone is happy with everything:hmm: I'll be moving on then
WORD OF WARNING: Fire categories for the airport do NOT correspond to the actual capabilities. No plan of improving or dropping the published categoriies either! Praise the Lord for his protection!

exploited
30th Apr 2012, 19:10
WORD OF WARNNG No2: Airport capacity has been increased by 25% (!) Friday to Monday. Actually capacity increase has been imposed upon us against ATC proposal, although absolutely nothing has improved since last summer. Delays on incoming flights may be anticipated so careful with your fuel!