PDA

View Full Version : 206 type rating renewal needed before 8th April

chester2005
1st Apr 2012, 18:42
i have been reliably informed that come the 8th April any type ratings that have lapsed on my JAR licence will require training before reissue and one that has lapsed by more than 3 years will require a full course at a TRTO. This is even if you are in current flying practice in that type flying under the priviledge of another licence ie.FAA ppl/cpl. So i need to get 2 hours and an LPC done this week in a 206, the problem being the helicentre liverpool don't have one any more, so i was hoping somebody on here would be able to point me in the direction of one, the more north west the better but i would travel for a reasonable deal. Chester:ok:

puntosaurus
1st Apr 2012, 18:51
UK implementation of EASA is now 1 July, so you've got more time than you think. If you can make it down to Bicester (or are happy to pay for positioning from there) I can sort you out.

chester2005
1st Apr 2012, 19:08
i was initially under the impression of July being the date to work towards but apparently not so for renewals or conversions, i'll see how far Bicester is and look into it thanks.:ok:

nigelh
1st Apr 2012, 21:21
I am probably in the same position re flying any G reg . Will all your other types remain valid ie 206, 350 , 500 etc or will one have to do check on every one ?? What a nightmare .....:ugh:
How about Heather at Yorkshire Helis ....V Good :ok:

toptobottom
1st Apr 2012, 22:36
Chester - PM my old mucker JTobias and he may be able to help you. He has a 206 based at Barton. Just remember to count your fingers after you've shaken hands :E