PDA

View Full Version : What constitutes "Maritime Survival Equipment"

skyfarmer
1st Apr 2012, 12:13
In section 19 of the flight plan, Supp Info there are the Cross out boxes for Polar, Desert, Maritime, or Jungle survival equipment.

Since there are the further boxes to list Life Jackets and Dingy, I have always assumed that Maritime Equipment is in addition to those basics.
So what does Maritime Equipment consist of?

I would imagine it is stuff like:
Liferaft equiped with more advanced kit...Food, Water, water purifier, fishing and signalling kit, Locator beacon, VHF radio, GPS etc.
Immersion suits

Our Ops dept keeps putting us down as having Maritime equipment, even though we ony have lifejackets, no dingy, just life jackets.

I am sure this is wrong, but want to go to them with written evidence from an official document, rather than just my hunch

Cheers

JohnieWalker
1st Apr 2012, 17:06
Have a look at this document, should pretty much explaining all Emergency equipment questions with reference to all FARs:

http://www.eamworldwide.com/eam-media/Technical-Data/Emerg-Equi-Table2-rev-B.pdf

Brgds

skyfarmer
1st Apr 2012, 17:35
Hi

Thanks

I can see where you are coming from with that reply, but that still does not differentiate between a life raft and what constitutes Maritime Survival Equipment as in Section 19 of the UK/European Flight plan form.

I am trying to find out what the difference is between maritime Survival Equipment and LifeRaft/Jacket.

JohnieWalker
2nd Apr 2012, 06:02
There seems to be no direct reference to "maritime survival equipment" in EU-OPS or UK AIP, afaik.

But EU-OPS defines Life jackets and Life rafts requirements separately OPS 1.825 and 1.830 accordingly. Since there are cross out boxes on FPL form both for Life jackets and for "maritime equipment" you can assume that "maritime survival equipment" is more than just Life jackets, why would there be a separate box then?

There is nothing more I can help here with :)

skyfarmer
2nd Apr 2012, 06:09
Yep, you have got my point completely now, yes, that is exactly what I am getting at.
I was unable to find anything either, hence my question as to what it actually consists of.

Anyone else?