PDA

View Full Version : FTL "calculator"?

cambioso
31st Mar 2012, 21:00
Is there such a thing as an online, or downloadable FTL program?
Something that one could go in with report time and number of sectors etc and it comes up with your max FDP.................
Would be most useful.
Many thanks,
Jez

Denti
31st Mar 2012, 21:15
I'm sure there are more, but i do use a nice app called EU OPS vs MTV which calculates EU OPS duty times and can do company CLA based duty time regulations as well, however that is only for airlines with a big focus on german airlines.

But the basic EU-OPS duty time is the most useful part of the whole thing anyway. Oh right, iPhone app, no clue if its available for android, but i'm sure there are other apps and websites out there.

sharksucker
2nd Apr 2012, 20:18
I use 'Max FDP' on the iPhone. Good for CAR OPS calculations.
You can apply delay, split, stby etc. and send the result directly by email.
Very nice and handy.
Cost around 7 USD if I remember correctly..

cambioso
2nd Apr 2012, 21:20
Excellent!
Thanks chaps.
BWs
Jez

500 above
3rd Apr 2012, 07:03
What's an FTL Jez? :)

VIKING9
3rd Apr 2012, 08:22
maybe Captain Jez is going AOC :eek:

cambioso
3rd Apr 2012, 08:32
maybe Captain Jez is going AOC

Yeh right Viking..............That will be the day - tried that for 20 years-didn't like it!!
It's just that we are flying a private operation with many sectors and (sometimes) longish days, and I have forgotten FTLs (used to know them off by heart of course!). It's useful to compare what we are doing with the "Industry Standard".
Appreciate all the help (as always!)
Jez

G-SPOTs Lost
3rd Apr 2012, 09:10
jez

You need an app for telling you when it's been 12 hours since your last glass of Merlot and a fillet steak...never mind FTLs

:}

cambioso
3rd Apr 2012, 09:26
Good point, well made, G-SPOT!
No, I'm OK to the second for those types of calculation..........no APP required thanks!

VIKING9
4th Apr 2012, 03:07
0600 local report
2 sectors of long length
Max FDP = too much

Coat is on......

Takeoff WAT
17th Apr 2012, 07:06
There's another iPhone app called MyDutyDay on iTunes. As well as airline FTLs it has a EU Bizjet scheme and UK/EU Single Pilot ops.

G-SPOTs Lost
17th Apr 2012, 08:18
Just bought that app....

It told me I had to be off duty by 28:30......

I know apps aren't expensive but a great interface and a niche product that's hamstrung by an acute lack of detail....

Takeoff WAT
20th Apr 2012, 16:58
I've never had that appear in mine, it's always worked spot on according to our OM Section 7! Would be nice if it did cumulative hours though.

HS125
20th Apr 2012, 20:34
It told me I had to be off duty by 28:30......

Personally, I don't care what the manual says, I'va always refused to work more than 8 days a week :\

On a more serious note, I was with one op and we had a reasonably effective excel based duty form.... That idea is more retrospective though rather than a tool to help you with what you can [legally] do in advance.