PDA

View Full Version : Grob Tutor Checklist

sp6
30th Mar 2012, 12:33
Hi all

Does anyone know if there is a copy of the official UAS/AEF Tutor checklist to download?

I have a "taster" flight due soon and wanted to do a bit of preparation.

Many thanks

sp6

Hummingfrog
30th Mar 2012, 12:50
Hi sp6

I don't think there is a copy of the checklist on the 'net. What do you mean by a "taster" flight?

HF

Oldsarbouy
30th Mar 2012, 15:26
Hi sp6,
If you mean the Tutor Flight Reference Cards, I have Issue 8 AL1 Jan 2009 available. Pm me if this is what you want.

just another jocky
30th Mar 2012, 16:01
2009 are now out of date. All checklists are either TAS-equipped Tutor or EA cockpit ones.

What exactly is a "taster" flight and why would you need checklists unless you are an EFT or UAS student, in which case you don't do a "taster" flight?

FRC's are available to download from the 3 FTS website on the intranet.

sp6
30th Mar 2012, 16:12
I used to flying the Grob Heron but I have the opportunity to fly in a Tutor with the CSU that the Heron doesn't have. It has also been a while since I flew any SEP with a CSU so I just wanted to spend a bit of time on the emergency procedures prior to the trip.

regds

sp6

High_Expect
31st Mar 2012, 18:41
Will you lot stop empire building - its only a bloody Tutor. Im guessing this is not international espionage!

Aren't they unclassified anyway?

sp6
1st Apr 2012, 12:41
hahah that made me LOL!

Sorry chaps, I'm ex regular RAF, ex TA Infantry, and now a currently serving Auggie Off. Not Int, so just standard mil security clearance - am I allowed to view the FRC's?

Many thanks to all posters -

cheers

sp6

greenedgejet
1st Apr 2012, 16:34
sp6, given the visibility issues you might be safer flying just about anything else.

Tutor would make a good stealth UAV platform though!

CAA funds visibility trial | CAA Newsroom | About the CAA (http://www.caa.co.uk/application.aspx?catid=14&pagetype=65&appid=7&mode=detail&nid=2042)

sp6
1st Apr 2012, 19:19
Greenedgejet,

As the captain of the Tutor involved was my QFI at ULAS, and as an Air Cadet who dearly loved the Chipmunk & Beagle Husky AEF flying, any efforts to avoid a similar tragedy are to be applauded.

Everything in life is relative, and given my personal opinion of the ancient state of most PPL training machines - I'll be happy to take my chances (and recommend to any parents with Air Cadet children) with a modern Tutor. Having flown C152's with opaque windshields, at least my local Herons and Tutors can be seen out of!

sp6

Hummingfrog
2nd Apr 2012, 13:45
sp6

Which type of Tutor are you flying in ?- classic or EA the EA has a few more bells and whistles including a rudimentary form of TCAS which gives you range and differential height of any transponding aircraft approx +/- 2500ft of you.

As far as the CSU is concerned - mainly just 2 positions for the blue lever - fully forward for t/off, climb and landing then 2400RPM for cruise and aeros. Failure is covered in drop down chart in FRCs and there are only 2 initial actions for RPM underspeed or RPM follows throttle in constant speed range - the Actions for this are:-

1. Set approx 20" MP
2. IAS - minimise changes

followed by OILpress/Temp monitor for loss
then Land ASAP

HF

AllTrimDoubt
2nd Apr 2012, 18:01
TAS is fitted to ALL service Tutors, not just EA variants.

Hummingfrog
3rd Apr 2012, 13:20
AllTrimDoubt

We don't have any of the "old" classic Tutors in Scotland as Wee Alex equips the Scottish Air Force with the most up to date kit;).

HF

AllTrimDoubt
4th Apr 2012, 03:25
Just wait until you have to pay for it yourselves!!