PDA

View Full Version : PC12

ranfurly
30th Mar 2012, 06:53
Well I dont buy aircraft all that often but now am looking positively at an upgrade for the first time to turbine. We do about 3-400hrs per year and it is relatively short haul air ambo work not in Aus.
I am not a King Air fan and therefore have been looking at Conquest 1 and 2 - swinging at this stage towards the 2 - but they both have small entry doors . Apart from that being a Cessna fan, they look good albeit a bit expensive for age ( I guess they are still very popular).
The PC 12 after a test fly today is now very much on the radar and I am inerested in any comments from operators/pilots re what they think of say a PC12 with about 10000hrs on the clock for reliablity /cost effectiveness etc etc. I am aware of the big number now operating in Aus, and take from that , that they are proving to be what the theoretical numbers indicate.
How do you convince flight nurses and hospitals re single engine? or is it a done deal now, with so many in service and proven?
Whie I am sure that they are good when new , what are the potential and real costs once the hours get up a bit- which is where I would be purchasing. It has been suggested that the computerisation can get costly down the track.
I would be greateful for all comments from all you experienced operators out there.
Thank you

Dawny
30th Mar 2012, 10:54
G'day mate.

Check your PM's and give me a call.

falconx
30th Mar 2012, 12:10
Having worked and flown on all 3 suggested aircraft, a PC12 for ruggedness, reliability, comfort and just generally smooth.