PDA

View Full Version : Ir renewal

annita
30th Mar 2012, 06:40
Hello people,
Just a quick question.

I am planning to renew my Ir , its been expired for 2 years.
Do I need to get the CAA involved in this as is a renewal or just an examiner to do the test and sign my ratings.

Thanks

truckflyer
30th Mar 2012, 09:48
Best advice, instead of getting loads of unverified information here;

1. Call an FTO
2. Read Lasors (quite much information there)
3. Call the CAA, they will give you the CORRECT answer straight away.

Probably just got to the FTO, some training and flight, and they sign your ratings. But depends, trying the above would certainly avoid any uncertainty.

MIKECR
30th Mar 2012, 10:10
You must renew by flight test, in the aircraft, with an examiner. You will need refresher training so best contact your chosen FTO.

Everything you need to know is in Lasors. Its available free online. Dont bother phoning the CAA, waste of time. All they will do is read the section in Lasors to you over the phone.

annita
30th Mar 2012, 11:18
Yes I know I need to do a test in an aircraft with an examiner and I understand that the refresher is not a requirement but down to the FTO unless 5 years have passed.

I am asking if a form is needed to be send to the CAA or just a signature/stamp in licence.

Thanks

Midland Transport
30th Mar 2012, 11:44
When you complete the checkride your examiner and you will complete formSRG/1119 and send it to the CAA

annita
30th Mar 2012, 11:48
thank you sir

BillieBob
30th Mar 2012, 13:52
I understand that the refresher is not a requirement but down to the FTO unless 5 years have passed.That is correct under JAR-FCL 1 but you should be aware that the new EASA Implementing Rules will make refresher training mandatory if the rating has expired for more than 3 months.