PDA

View Full Version : FI(H) Course Diary - thread is now a Kindle ebook

Whirlybird
29th Mar 2012, 14:21
I'm not sure if this is allowed on PPRuNe - if not, moderators please remove this thread, and my apologies....

As some of you with long memories might recall, many years ago I wrote a 'live' thread about my FI(H) course. It might even still be here in the archives for all I know; I haven't looked. Anyway, now that I'm primarily earning my living as an aviation writer, and having a mania for keeping copies of everything I write, I decided to publish the diary (slightly edited, but only slightly) as an ebook for the Kindle. I'm pretty sure links to it aren't allowed on PPRuNe, so if you want to find it, you'll either have to know who I am, pm me to ask, or be fairly creative - it's called 'Helicopter Flight Instructor Course Diary', so that's a clue!

Anyone who didn't like the diary at the time, doesn't think I should have brought it up again, or knows this isn't allowed on PPRuNe, please don't bother yelling at me! I thought about it and decided it had been so popular that it was worth doing and publicising....and I accept in advance that I could be wrong.

29th Mar 2012, 18:11
Whirly - good for you - it's not difficult to find in the Amazon Kindle store.

I guess it shows that being a FI(H) isn't the road to riches since you are finding it more lucrative writing about aviation than teaching it.

Whirlygig
29th Mar 2012, 20:17
Glad I caught this thread before it may, or may not be deleted. Well done Whirly ... done, downloaded ... and even went for the kitten book as well :D:D:D:D

Cheers

Whirls

Whirlybird
29th Mar 2012, 20:43
Thank you crab and Whirls! Interestingly, my aviation ebooks (9 of them now) are all doing well, but I haven't sold many of the cat one - despite writing it because I thought it would be of more general interest. I guess I should stick to what the world thinks I know about. ;)

Garfs
29th Mar 2012, 22:27
Well done H. I shall be having a look at some point :)

Bertie Thruster
30th Mar 2012, 11:00
Installed in my reader! Many thanks.

More time for reading now I'm 'between jobs'! (thanks CAA)

Whirlybird
30th Mar 2012, 12:20
Wow, that's quite a few sales considering it was only published 24 hours ago!! Thanks everyone.

robinsonFlyer
30th Mar 2012, 21:33
I downloaded it and read it tonight - loved it. Thanks for the insights... absolutely fascinating. Thank you for publishing it.

Whirlybird
31st Mar 2012, 10:27
At Manchester Helicopter School? Say hi to Norman for me if it is. He'll know who you mean, even if he doesn't know my name on PPRuNe...but you have the book, so you know who I really am anyway. ;) And...they don't have Robinson helis anyway, do they? Oh well... I'm up there occasionally, so I'll certainly let you know.