PDA

View Full Version : Working in the Middle East

RotoJoe
29th Mar 2012, 13:21
Hello,

Looking to move to the Middle East with my wife. I would like to fly Medium Twins. I have about 5000 hours. Where is the best place to live and why? What is the best company to work for? Who is hiring? All info is greatly appreciated. Thanks

paco
29th Mar 2012, 14:55
For a family job, look at Aerogulf, but you will likely need a 139 rating.

Phil

griffothefog
29th Mar 2012, 15:22
You will also require endless patience, a big sense of humour, offshore qualifications (or major wasta) and the ability to accept responsibility at all times for any **** that goes down even if you weren't flying the aircraft at the time.. :E

Apart from that, it is sunny and can be tremendous fun occasionally and you will meet some very interesting pilots :ok:

Good luck.

GTF.

HueyDog
29th Mar 2012, 17:56
Agreed about Aerogulf. Dubai is a decent place for a family and the company generally treats its employees well.

hihover
29th Mar 2012, 18:35
Read what GTF says again and again, it is very true. Sometimes it's not a big deal, when it is, go online and check your bank balance. Weigh things up from there.

Remember this, you won't change anything in your time there, any contributions you make will be forgotten by lunch-time tomorrow,.....go online and check your bank balance.

It is a great experience, and you will be already half-way around the world, go see places.

Tam

heli-mad
30th Mar 2012, 14:18
I am thinking on doing the same but the offer i have is from Gulf helis in Dubai... I have mixed feedback for the company so any more is welcome!! Not family to start with, when AW139 rated maybe...

Most people said to me more or less what hihover said i.e. go for the money but you will have some good fun and enjoy meeting interesting caracters!

Still have to fund my B412 on preferential rates though....:{

H-M

SASless
30th Mar 2012, 15:26
If you have an FAA license....for a family man....ARAMCO in Saudi is hard to beat. Good equipment, good housing, excellent pay and benefits....and Bahrain not far away for R&R.

paco
30th Mar 2012, 17:17
Yes, lunch at the Royal Golf Club was nice today.....

phil

21stCen
30th Mar 2012, 18:10
I am thinking on doing the same but the offer i have is from Gulf helis in Dubai... I have mixed feedback for the company so any more is welcome!!

Gulf Helis is in Doha, the capital of Qatar.

Aerogulf is in Dubai...

heli-mad
31st Mar 2012, 06:52
Sorry! Wishful thinking?? Yes Qatar you are right ! Any feed back on Gulf helis? They looks good don't know what contracts they have but Yemen was mentioned! :p

Miles Gustaph
31st Mar 2012, 11:29
Is Gulf Helicopters the operator that has had the two bad experiences with the AW139?

Jet Ranger
31st Mar 2012, 19:00
@MG ... Yes

heli-mad
31st Mar 2012, 22:02
Bad luck or...

air-bender
1st Apr 2012, 03:41
What is the pay for a new pilot in the gulf (2500 hrs with O&G experiencte)... If I were to send a resume or a job offer was going to be extended what can I expect for pay on a 6/6 schedule??? I was thinking somewhere around $120K US

Am I in the ball park???

Please help

Jet Ranger
1st Apr 2012, 08:37
@A-b,
What I heard from one friend is...300-350 $ per day (co-pilots), and 400-500 $ / day for captain position (depends on experience). Instrutors and TRE are on higher rates....Only rumour info.

If you work 6/6, it s 180 days in a year (180x350$ = 63 000$ ), because you are not paid when you are at your home. And yes, if you work 360 days/ year it is 126k $, but ...

For GHC you need type rating AW139, S-92 or ( at least ) B-412...but they are going to finish with 412 in next few years ...

Only rumour info...Too.

JR