PDA

View Full Version : How close did they really get? ATSB Darwin ATC

RENURPP
29th Mar 2012, 09:04
A Cessna 210 (C210) was cleared to cross the runway after a clearance had been given to a Cessna 310 (C310) to take off. As a result the C310 took off over the C210.
The investigation is continuing.

This is from the preliminary report, the final report should be interesting.
Common sense would dictate that sooner or later someone will take the military ATC issues seriously. :rolleyes:

chimbu warrior
29th Mar 2012, 09:28
And while they are at it can Darwin pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease be given a VHF ATIS frequency.

Nothing worse than trying to decipher ATIS off a crackly NDB at night or when thunderstorms are around.

Many small airports around the country now have a crystal-clear AWIS, but Darwin is stuck in the 1950's.

blueloo
29th Mar 2012, 10:48
Poo hoo to the VHF. Give us an ACARS ATIS! And a PDC for that matter.

somniferous
29th Mar 2012, 19:29
RENURPP I think you will find that between this one and the carry on at Williamtown the RAAF have a rather sore tush at the moment. Whether or not it translates into something resembling a safer service remains to be seen.

nitpicker330
29th Mar 2012, 22:47
Everyone should start calling the Tower freq and ask for the ATIS. They will get the picture eventually :ok:

We don't have ADF's fitted so have to listen ( voice sel ) to the VOR. It's almost impossible to hear clearly until you are about 60 miles out.....:=

AussieNick
29th Mar 2012, 23:09
@Nit: Dear god don't do that, the tower controller was struggling yesterday with me and 3 others inbound yesterday. I got called a baron at one point. Getting that ATIS from them would cause a melt down....

That been said, I think the bloke was in training....