PDA

View Full Version : Top Cover

2lowgear
29th Mar 2012, 05:12
Does anyone in the Middle East have any experience with Top Cover (good or bad). I need help deciding whether they are worth dumping my hard earned $ into. I read some bad things about them from 2007, and I'm wondering if things have improved.

Ben_Al_Katre
29th Mar 2012, 05:17
hi there. i met a colleague who happened to suffer a nasty accident in the UAE. by the time of the accident he was insured by Top Cover and also by APPN. according to him, Top Cover has made everything in their power to avoid paying any money whereas APPN started paying from the very first day. Hope this will help”

FuelFlow
19th Apr 2016, 10:14
I recently lost my medical due to an unfortunate accident! I was covered by TOPCOVER, and had been since day 1 in the Middle East.
It was an absolute blessing to receive such support and assistance, from Professional staff, during a very traumatic time! NO questions asked, lump sum for personal accident cover payed in currency of choice to bank of choice, and am now receiving my monthly benefits!

I would highly recommend this Insurance policy.

P.S. My employer at the time (EK) payed me out a lump sum of 7 years!
3 years for LoL and 4 years for personal accident cover!
Not bad at all for all the EK bashers out there!

MAKE SURE YOU ARE COVERED!

Schnowzer
19th Apr 2016, 11:31
I'd be careful about advertising that one, must be a mistake, you only get 4 if you die:zzz:

I recently lost my medical due to an unfortunate accident! I was covered by TOPCOVER, and had been since day 1 in the Middle East.
It was an absolute blessing to receive such support and assistance, from Professional staff, during a very traumatic time! NO questions asked, lump sum for personal accident cover payed in currency of choice to bank of choice, and am now receiving my monthly benefits!

I would highly recommend this Insurance policy.

P.S. My employer at the time (EK) payed me out a lump sum of 7 years!
3 years for LoL and 4 years for personal accident cover!
Not bad at all for all the EK bashers out there!

MAKE SURE YOU ARE COVERED!

nakbin330
19th Apr 2016, 11:51
.... not if one's left with some sort of permanent disability.

Dropp the Pilot
19th Apr 2016, 12:42
I made a few calls to Benefits some years back and had a mucky-muck in an elevated position confirm to me that if a pilot were to lose his medical as a result of disability the total payout would be 7 years of basic salary: 3 for the loss of licence and an additional 4 for the disability.

FuelFlow
22nd Apr 2016, 11:37
Schnowzer, thats a 2 for " Benefits knowledge", Nakbin and Dropp both get 5's.

The Guru
20th Aug 2016, 05:19
AIG Hong Kong have just announced that due to a change in strategic direction they will not be renewing IPEP TopCover from 2017.

IPEP TopCover is the Middle East Income Protection/Personal Accident/Critical Illness insurance product that covers airline employees who have a paid subscription.

A new insurance company and policy will be taking the place of AIG in 2017, but no details have been released as yet.

Toruk Macto
20th Aug 2016, 06:12
Have AIG mentioned why there pulling out of insurance for EK pilots ?

ChocksOn
20th Aug 2016, 09:16
That could be due to fact the employees are burning out quicker in this part of the world!
Hence not a viable business anymore!??

Toruk Macto
20th Aug 2016, 10:03
They are smart !