PDA

View Full Version : Tas police rescue

fanning
28th Mar 2012, 22:15
Any news on the Tas police rescue contract?

Tasmanian Government Tenders - Provision of Helicopter Rescue Services (http://www.tenders.tas.gov.au/domino/tenders.nsf/all-v/45018D7CC7FBB36ECA25782B0012BCF3) - been sitting there for nearly 12 months as not awarded ?

havick
29th Mar 2012, 02:26
Rotorlift (corbin) won it for 5 + 5 years. I believe with a new EC145 on the way sometime in 2013

fanning
29th Mar 2012, 04:15
ah interesting, new helicopter - nice :ok:

bit unusual for the helicopter to arrive mid-tender?

havick
29th Mar 2012, 04:51
I'm not privvy to the details on the aircraft side of things so I may be incorrect. But I am %100 sure on the 5 + 5 years having been awarded to Rotorlift.

It wouldn't surprise me if they manage to pick up the fixed wing side of things also some time down the track.

fanning
29th Mar 2012, 05:01
as in RFDS?

I think that has been awarded late last year

PLovett
29th Mar 2012, 09:45
fanning, you are quite right - it was awarded again to the RFDS for, I believe but stand to be corrected, for 5 years.

If Rotor-Lift is to get it then it won't be for some time.

Next biggie by way of contracts is the Antarctic rotary wing one which Helicopter Resources seems to have sewn up. Supposedly to be announced within a month.

Howard Hughes
29th Mar 2012, 10:17
I think the contract commences in 2013.

But not unusual for incumbent aircraft to be used until new aircraft arrive.

tasdevil.f27
30th Mar 2012, 14:21
Next biggie by way of contracts is the Antarctic rotary wing one which Helicopter Resources seems to have sewn up. Supposedly to be announced within a month.

I'd be shocked if Heli Resources don't get the contract. Just one of a number of announcements due regarding air support down south, some big changes coming!

Pass-A-Frozzo
31st Mar 2012, 07:44
ah interesting, new helicopter - nice http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/thumbs.gif

Quite normal, the government reserves the right to vary the conditions of the tender.

Of course, we can't suggest that variations are made to suit the preferred tenderer.