PDA

View Full Version : Business Jet Flight Planner/Dispatcher

Bizjetter
28th Mar 2012, 13:28
I am currently undergoing a major career change and working on the ramp as an agent to get some experience.

I would like to become a business jet flight planner/dispatcher, and get my FAA license from Sheffield by correspondence and short course. I am also hoping to to Jepessens Jetplanner course.

Can anyone shed any light on salaries in the corporate jet world (I do not really want to get into airlines if I can help it)

Thanks!

750XL
28th Mar 2012, 13:37
£20,000 - £24,000 if you're lucky :yuk:

Bizjetter
28th Mar 2012, 14:34
Thanks so that's tops?

LGWXOPSA
28th Mar 2012, 19:55
Hi,

Dependent on what you want to do, my salary is approx £24500 + shift pay on top. TAG aviation Farnborough are looking for a dispatcher with pay at £28-30K PA.

Of course you do find companies where the wages are a scandal - but you wont get anywhere without experience ...

Bizjetter
28th Mar 2012, 20:26
Thanks for that. The TAG job sounds like quite reasonable money.

I just wanted to make sure the investment was recoupable...

Do you find the work satisfying and do you think the FAA route is the right way to go?

Bizjetter
28th Mar 2012, 21:02
That's good to know. Are you glad you got into ops/flight planning?

Also do you think the FAA route is sensible?

dallas
30th Mar 2012, 21:33
See PMs.....

edited to add: but don't dawdle, I'm interviewing next week

bob375
31st Mar 2012, 01:43
In the States, with a bit of experience you can expect $40k to start. As you gain experience, $50 - $60k after a couple of years is not out of the question. As a manager you are looking at $125 - $175k.

Bizjetter
31st Mar 2012, 14:31
Thanks for the replies everyone. It is good to know long term salary potential.

CDP8
3rd Apr 2012, 22:02
It's a great job, good luck with it! I wouldn't bother with the FAA nonsense personally. A company called Avtech2000 used to do a distance learning OPS course that was very good and recognised so you could look into that.
I've had two Bizjet OPS/Despatch jobs. The first paid me £21,500; the second paid me £17,500; and the company I work for now pays it's OPS staff over £30,000.

All the best.

Bizjetter
4th Apr 2012, 13:25
Thanks for the info again.

desertopsguy
4th Apr 2012, 16:03
"I wouldn't bother with the FAA nonsense personally. A company called Avtech2000"... have you taken the FAA course or just the Avtech?

After the ATPL theory, the FAA course is quite likely the best grounding in airline ops that anyone starting out in this business is likely to get. In some ways it is better than the ATPL as it is airline ops specific and stays clear of the more pilot focused subject matter.

Someone should blow the dust off that avtech course, there is no comparison whatsoever between that and the syllabus administered by the FAA. I've taken both and wouldn't rate avtech one bit.

It doesn't matter either that the regulatory aspect of the FAA course is based on FAR's, that is only a small portion of it and EASA regs, or any other for that matter, aren't rocket science. They are all a variation on the same theme.

Bizjetter, there is nothing wrong with the FAA course. The subject matter is relevant and gives you a good basis in the various subjects required to make a start in this business plus, if you ever decided to further your horizons and work overseas then the only way to go is licenced as that is the international standard.

Do your own research and come to your own conclusions!

D.O.G

Bizjetter
4th Apr 2012, 17:58
Thanks DOG I am pressing on with the ADX at the moment which I can sit at Flight Safety in Farnborough. From there I will see how I go?

dirty_black
13th Mar 2014, 13:52
How do you think is it possible to get a distant job in a Foreign company, in Uk in particular?

DEIN
1st Feb 2015, 16:27
Hi Gys, don't want to start a new thread as you might be able to answer my question here.
I have an extensive experience in corporate aviation in EU (over 10 years). I went trough almost all stages, starting as a ramp agent up till being Ground Ops Manager (Postholder). At the moment I'm OCC supervisor in one of the biggest business jet operators in the world.
Last year I wan a US green card and i'm planning to move to the US by the end of this year, preferably North-Eastern region. What are the chances of finding a decent job in this region and what is an average annual salary?

Thanks

DEIN
1st Feb 2015, 16:29
Hi, don't want to start a new thread as you might be able to answer my question.
I have an extensive experience in corporate aviation in EU (over 10 years). I went trough almost all stages, starting as a ramp agent up till being Ground Ops Manager (Postholder). At the moment I'm OCC supervisor in one of the biggest business jet operators in the world.
Last year I wan a US green card and i'm planning to move to the US by the end of this year, preferably North-Eastern region. What are the chances of finding a decent job in this region and what is an average annual salary?

Thanks

appfo09
1st Feb 2015, 16:37
I think to work as a Flight Dispatcher in US is far better than in Europe. Salary is pretty good and chances to find a FD job in US is far to far greater than in Europe. Nice that you won your US green card so you can start your new life there. This is what i am also waiting for.:ok: