PDA

View Full Version : Wobbly teeth

VFR750
25th Mar 2012, 10:23
Hi

I'v been a frequent passenger for about 10 years,
I've noticed after a longish flight, say 8 hours +, I end up with wobbly front teeth, and tooth ache which after a day back on terra firma sorts it self out, any ideas why this happens?? I'm guessing its something due to the lower air pressure in the cabin over an extended period of time

I look forward to ideas
Neil B :)

training wheels
25th Mar 2012, 13:42
Likely to be the dodgy inflight meal you had onboard?

pudoc
25th Mar 2012, 13:55
Must be all that sugar in that tiny coke can.

EEngr
25th Mar 2012, 15:14
It could be a sign of a circulatory problem. Check with your dentist and/or physician. Loose teeth is usually a sign of gum disease, but that would probably occur over a longer time period. In the short term, something like not getting enough fluids or blood pressure issues could cause gum tissues to contract, swell or whatever.:}

Burpbot
6th Apr 2012, 15:58
Do you have fillings or caps on said teeth? May be a barotrauma caused by air pockets trapped in your teeth. Or even dehydration leading to body tissues tightening

VFR750
7th Apr 2012, 05:16
Hi
No caps or fillings.
I could go with the tissue tightening/ dehydration theory
how about barometric changes causing Jaw bone to expand, are bones filled with tiny pockets of air (i'm not a doctor)?

regards

Neil B

sg64
7th Apr 2012, 05:26
I often have the same problem, not wobbly teeth, but a dull toothache as if I need a filling. Just like the original poster it only occurs on long flights and goes away the next day.

Old 'Un
12th Apr 2012, 23:36
Worth checking this out with your dentist or medico. Even better, talk with a aviation medic. Ask around - you'll find one. The issue would be ringing alarm bells if it were me. It may or may not be age or health related but best to find out.

Age can be a bar-steward sometimes. ;)

Le Vieux