PDA

View Full Version : Fingerprinting flying into USA

MaiPenRai
23rd Mar 2012, 17:52
Ok, maybe you all can help settle a little wager I have with my friend. :ok:

I have EU citizenship and am taking a job over in Asia flying a corporate jet which might bring me stateside on a flight. I know that arriving passengers on airlines from other countries all get fingerprinted and photographed when they arrive (major airports) but do the pilots on arriving BUSINESS JETS who are NON-US citizens get the same treatment (again, major airports of arrival) as the passengers ( ie, fingerprinted/photographed) or not?

Could any of you that don't hold US nationality, and have flown into the USA let me know. I got 5 bucks riding on this one!! :O

THANKS!

ajd1
23rd Mar 2012, 19:28
Yup. Got fingerprinted on a private flight into KBGR a few weeks back.

flydive1
23rd Mar 2012, 19:34
Yes, you get fingerprints and picture taken, every time you enter.

specialbrew
23rd Mar 2012, 21:02
Most places yes..... but not all. Was suprised we did not at KSFO a few weeks back.

QFE approach
23rd Mar 2012, 21:02
MaiPenRai..............hold onto that wager!!
I also fly a bizjet, also out of Asia and regularly into The States.......never been fingerprinted.

QFE

fernytickles
23rd Mar 2012, 21:03
It depends on the airport you fly in to. At the airports without the finger printing/photo equipment, that won't happen. Plenty of airports large enough to take a corporate jet do not have that equipment.

Always phone ahead to check with the US CBP at the airport of entry.

flydive1
23rd Mar 2012, 21:16
You lucky guys, I had to go through the process everytime.

QFE approach, do you live in Dallas? Maybe that helps

QFE approach
23rd Mar 2012, 21:28
Thanks for pointing that out flydive1, I was in Dallas at the time I opened my account here.

Nope, am in HK, Non-US citizen, been into SFO, LAX, TEB, ANC, etc many times and never had a mugshot taken either! :}

QFE

mutt
23rd Mar 2012, 23:05
Washington Dulles, Boston Logan, Newark = Yes....

Don't forget you need a D visa for entry.

Mutt

NuName
24th Mar 2012, 03:09
Dec 2011, Caribean into MCO. I got the job as I had a B1/B2 as well as a C1/D, they would not accept the crew visa for a private flight. Prints and mugshot evey time, for me anyway. Seems wherever you go they make their own rules.

ericthepilot
25th Mar 2012, 19:14
even a EU citizen, with a US "Green Card"

gets ... same treatment. Fingerprinted.
Coming in either on Commercial flight or Private.

FlyTCI
27th Mar 2012, 02:56
eric, not always the case. I came into KBGR a couple of weeks ago on a private flight and they did not fingerprint me, only checked pp and greencard.

I should add I work for a US company on N regged aircraft.

As a returning pax on airline I do always get fingerprinted though.