PDA

View Full Version : funding?

senseisam
22nd Mar 2012, 11:51
Does anyone know whether you can claim tax on money spent on flying lessons. Or of any govt funding available to student pilots?

Jerry Lee
22nd Mar 2012, 12:25
There might be a sort of funding if you enrol in an aviation related program at the uni. This happens in the USA but I don't know in Europe.
BBVA is a bank that have a loan for pilots but I heard it is not a big deal. And you also need to have a property in the UK (I heard also Spain may be fine).

Try to ask a help to your local bank. I have the luck that the director of my local bank assured me he will give a help if I ever need.

As for taxes, I don't think it is possible. There's a school in Greece that will not charge VAT as long as you continue your training towards a CPL:rolleyes: I don't know if this is very common or not.

Maybe if you were an airline that wants to train its own cadet it would be different.

joseph500s
24th Mar 2012, 08:53
If it is a approved training course (cert IV, diploma, or degree) Centerlink will give you about $200 a fortnight for study allowance or some thing along them lines.