PDA

View Full Version : Licence Issue

FattyBarr
20th Mar 2012, 21:54
Hi,

Can anyone tell me how long I will have to wait from passing my cpl/ir etc until my licence is issued?

Am I right in thinking you can take all the documents down to Gatwick and get it that day or is that just very wishful thinking?!

Cheers

zondaracer
20th Mar 2012, 22:37
Wishful thinking...

Have a read of the CAA website concerning counter service...
Public Counter Service Details | Personnel Licensing | Safety Regulation (http://www.caa.co.uk/default.aspx?catid=137&pagetype=90&pageid=10154)
[Addition of a type or class rating to a flight crew licence.
Renewal of a type or class rating to a flight crew licence.
Removal of a restriction from a flight crew licence.
Revalidation or Renewal of a flight crew licence.
UK National to JAR-FCL flight crew licence conversion.
Change of Address.
Inclusion of a Instructor Rating.
Removal of restrictions from the Instructor Rating.

gorter
20th Mar 2012, 22:37
Don't know if you can get licence issue in a day (call them to find out), but from past experience in things you can get in a morning, get there early, and I mean doors open early. They only have a certain number of slots in a day and they fill up within an hour or so. Once all the slots are filled, bad luck, go home and try tomorrow.

mcgoo
20th Mar 2012, 22:46
You can't a licence same day, however if you take your paperwork to the desk they guarantee (or used to) a 10 day turnaround.

FattyBarr
20th Mar 2012, 22:51
Cheers guys, looks like a ball ache.... Surprise surprise!!

I'd be interested to know the time scales between sending off for the licence and it actually being issued.
Don't really want to be sat waiting to have licence in hand prior to booking an MCC

MIKECR
20th Mar 2012, 23:20
Current advertised processing time at Gatwick for new licences is 10 working days(2 weeks). Reality however is they are taking nearer 3 weeks.

Just make sure you submit all the paperwork correctly or it will add an extra 3 weeks to the turnaround time!