PDA

View Full Version : B737NG FMC options

EW73
17th Mar 2012, 11:16
Gentlemen...
Can anyone tell me with any certainty, whether the NG FMC, (-700 IGW with U10.8A or the U10.7 installed) has the capability to modify the indicated fuel on board.
I'm trying to find out, because I've been told that you can't do it inflight, even though there is an NNC in section 12 of the QRH that directs accessing the FMC CDU PERF INIT pages and updating the fuel in tanks periodically, when the aircraft fuel indications fail!

I'd be surprised to find this is an option, since the NNC doesn't mention any specific serial numbers, or "If optioned" type statements.

Thanks, :sad:
EW73

Checkboard
17th Mar 2012, 11:26
When the fuel indicators fail you get an FMC message and the option then becomes available. When the signals are valid (i.e. normally), you can't update the fuel.

EW73
17th Mar 2012, 11:34
Thanks CB, pity they didn't mention that sort of thing in the NNC, maybe as a note or something!

CaptainSandL
19th Mar 2012, 09:26
It is in the FCOM, Vol 2, Chapter 11 under Fuel Monitoring.

If the total fuel qty is invalid you get the "VERIFY GW AND FUEL" message. If there is an unexpected drop in fuel qty you get "CHECK FMC FUEL QUANTITY"

BOAC
19th Mar 2012, 13:27
EW73 - a little puzzled why you want Boeing to tell you that you cannot alter the fuel quantity when it is working normally? Why would you want to?