PDA

View Full Version : Emirates SFE / SFI

DQ4
16th Mar 2012, 08:07
Emirates are advertising for SFE's, does anyone know the terms and conditions for these positions?

Hook
16th Mar 2012, 08:25
As far as I know, they have the same conditions as new First Officers. The FO conditions would be shown in the recruitment website.

DQ4
16th Mar 2012, 09:23
Thanks Hook, I thought there would be a difference between an SFI and a SFE.:ok:

Fart Master
16th Mar 2012, 10:15
Probably about 1000 dirhams, which is the difference btw a TRI & TRE

fatbus
16th Mar 2012, 10:16
Its way more than FO pay.

X-BleedOpen
16th Mar 2012, 17:06
Hi Guys,

I am a TRI on the Airbus A320, and very soon becoming an SFE on the same type. I have applied to EK recently, and I am waiting to hear back from them for a First Officer Position. I now see the vacancies for SFI/Es, and I wonder if my Training Background could help me getting a position as an FO, or if it might mean they will only offer me a non flying position as an SFI. I would like to join as an FO and do some training aside of the flying, but I would definitely like to be considered for a flying position. No point of leaving my job here in Europe otherwise.

Any help or suggestion on how to address them regarding my training background? Can I use that in my favor?

Thanks a lot for your help and time!

Fart Master
16th Mar 2012, 19:13
Fatbus, yes and no. For each ground based SFI/SFE they have to negotiate their salary which is the same scale as the FO's. Experienced guys normally get the highest, or near the highest rung on the scale, and so on.

So they do get the same as FO's, but FO's who have been in the company for 10-15 years.

fatbus
17th Mar 2012, 04:02
FM, that was for internal postings. there has been external on the 777 for 16 K us ++, dont know about this external for the bus