PDA

View Full Version : chinook apu

gub
15th Mar 2012, 22:04
can anyone help? technical data on solar t 62 apu needed.. Thanks gub.

hillberg
15th Mar 2012, 23:37
T-62 What?. The T-62 is a manufacture number, Solar-(International Harvister-Hamelton sustrand-Turbo mach. )The T-62 has a family of power systems-The Jet Exec has a stock T62-T32 for power, The T-62-2a is on the Sky crane-The solar for the Chinook has a different gear case & outputs. power can be as low as 90 hp for the titan up to 1,000 hp with the solar centarus. Lots of fun to play with, see RotorMouse.mov on youtube. The solar is used in lots of aircraft & ground gensets -4 manuals are field,shop,parts & overhaul. most people have the overhaul manual but you need all 4 for all the info. I got mine from Cates equipment in Florida

gub
16th Mar 2012, 20:53
Many thanks for the reply hillburg, the model number that i have is t 62t-2a1. i recently purchased a part built mini 500 kit and it has this turbine in it. I am in the UK and so information on these turbines is not readily available here. I have built four home made machines to date and they all managed to hover. They all had either two or four stroke engines and so this turbine is yet another mental challenge.. To your knowledge are spare parts still available for this turbine in the USA. Thanks Ben.

Rigga
16th Mar 2012, 22:39
I believe the RAF Mk 1 had the Solar Titan APU installed, but the one you have may not be that model.

Note: hillberg says that it may be fitted to "Combine Harvesters" (International Harvister-Hamelton sustrand-Turbo mach.) = International Harvester - Hamilton-Sunstrand Turbine Machines. A quick Google for "Solar T62" reveals that some potentially relevant Manuals are available for purchase/download.

So, you could try an agricultural machinery supplier in UK or EU for spares/breakdown diagrams or perhaps just buy one.

Happy hunting - and let us know when you get your beast airborne?

hillberg
17th Mar 2012, 01:52
That belongs to a Sikorsky sky crane good little bugger.:D

Rigga
17th Mar 2012, 20:35
Finally dug out my Chinook Notes ...

The T62T-2A1 was the type fitted to the RAF HC Mk1 types - I dont know if the same is fitted to the newer types.

hillberg
18th Mar 2012, 04:05
The T 62 T2B was the original installed APU for the Chinook-T-62 2A1 is Skycrane. T 62s with the side mounted gen & Nose fitted Hyd pump were the norm with the T62 B2s as the Chinook was Hyd started.
The T-62-2A1 was a shaft to Assy section on the Sky Crane to drive all the Pumps & Gens mounted on the main gearbox.

aerolearner
19th Mar 2012, 00:03
Here (http://www.liberatedmanuals.com/tm-55-2835-205-23.pdf) you find something on the T-62T-2B.
I hope it helps.

BR,

aerolearner

udimitri
23rd May 2012, 22:14
Hi do live in belgium and as i got a Mini 500 t turbine solar t62 2A1 I am glad there is some other guy who got it in England and so maybe we can get some infos and tip abouth the t62 2ai turbine and spare part
If there is someone who want to get in touch with me is welcome my email is [email protected] regards Umberto:ok: