PDA

View Full Version : Air Glaciers, Air Zermatt et al response to coach crash

chopper2004
14th Mar 2012, 22:27
Sadly watching the news tonight and the tragedy which struck the Belgian ski trip coach so thoughts are with the victims families at this time. Hope the remaining survivors recover speedily.

Noticed Air Glaciers Alouette III, Air Zermatts EC135T1 and AS350B3 amongst others that arrived on scene, to medevac the victims. Also on the BBC news at 10, there was an interview with one of the pilots.

Good work guys.

QSD
15th Mar 2012, 07:52
terrible day, 22 childeren and 6 adults died ....
I heard 8 helicopters arrived @ the scene. (Night, landing on a highway in the mountains)
Must have been a demanding job. Respect.

mickjoebill
16th Mar 2012, 08:19
Must have been a demanding job.

The urgent requirement to get +20 seriously injured kids to hospital, what more can one say... Angels carried by Angels.

Mickjoebill

Aser
17th Mar 2012, 02:59
Brian, could you please post the link?

Thanks
Aser

alouette
18th Mar 2012, 03:05
I flew an injured soldier once, and he died on my aircraft. All hell broke loose afterwards when the mil police queried us. Not to mention the amount of paperwork. But looking at this particular accident...holy smokes!!!! And that at night...

skadi
18th Mar 2012, 10:23
Sobering story on another thread of one who had a 12 YO girl die in flight so he turned around to collect another patient. Don't know how you guys/gals who fly EMS do it.

I think, that was a right decision! So the crew was able to bring another victim to an approbiate hospital. It was night, many injured persons and maybe not enough helicopters for all victims. Sad for the girl and surely a hard decision for the crew...

skadi