PDA

View Full Version : fight dispatcher

sergio83
14th Mar 2012, 06:50
I everyone.

i´m new in this area and i was thinking of taking the Fight Dispatcher course.

I already work in air cargo.
Do you think it´s a good job?
Are there many job opportunities around the world?
The average salary, how much is it?

Thank very much for you help!!!

Best regards.

Sérgi Santos

kirungi1
14th Mar 2012, 12:56
I personally think flight dispatcher is a wonderful. There is alot of responsibility for this role and alot of opportunities especially in the middle East [Emirates in particular]. If you loot at their careers website you should be able to find alot of dispatcher vacancies advertised.

I used to work for Emirates about five years ago but my recollection of the take home package would not be very helpful but bearing in mind the responsibility and scarcity of personnel, I would think the pay is good.

I would suggest you visit the careers websites of these Airlines and perhaps research further into the role before you could make up your mind.

Best of luck.

antonovman
15th Mar 2012, 17:04
I worked for emirates in DXB as a dispatcher and I would not reccomend anyone else to do it. Pay is low and living expenses are high, the price of beer is scandalous LOL and they will just switch your days off and mess you around. Dont do it !

raheem_g1
24th Apr 2012, 11:22
Hi mate why was it so bad and wat was the pay like

desertopsguy
25th Apr 2012, 13:34
There are not as many opportunities in the M.East for this line of work as there were in the past, and certainly not at the likes of Emirates (although they were recruiting for Experienced people recently)

Antonov Man is correct, the salary is not amazing and the cost of living in DXB makes this an unattractive prospect for anyone who wants to live with their family.

Sergio, there is no global average when it comes to dispatcher salaries. In some countries it is a lousy paid job which is why many flt dispatchers try and get some experience wherever they can and then follow then money to other parts of the world.

The hardest job to find is going to be your first one. One option could be to do the course and try to move internally at your present employer, assuming they have a need for flight dispatchers.

D.O.G