PDA

View Full Version : Will this ever happen for me?

mredd1961
13th Mar 2012, 21:42
Hello All

Well where do I start with this. I am a seriously interested in corporate aviation & have been since I was a Child, I am now in my 50th year & the love affair is still as strong as ever.

I have been trying for about 37 years to get a flight on a corporate jet but despite my best efforts it has never happened for me. I have come close to it on a few occasions but something has always gone wrong to spoil it.

My latest attempt was via a chance meeting last September with a vice president of an FBO in Orlando who I met quite by accident. I told him my dream & he said that he would be in Geneva for Ebace this May & could add me to a demo flight list on a Gulfstream.

Everything was going great & I booked my flights from Manchester with Easyjet & my hotel. Then I got an e mail from him to advise me that his CEO now wanted him to attend Abace in Shanghai instead & that he would now not be in Geneva.

Well gutted does not even begin to cover it, I am just so upset. So out of pure desperation I have joined this forum in the hope that someone who reads this may be in a position to make my dream a reality.

I am just an average guy & by know means wealthy & I don't think I would ever be in a position to charter a jet, I know that there are such things as empty legs but I feel even those would be outside of my financial capabilities.

I suppose what goes in my favor is that I am not concerned whether it's citation, learjet, falcon or etc & neither am I bothered about where the flight is or how long it's in the air for, I am just simply looking for the experience.

Some one who I spoke with today about this said I had more chance of pushing treacle uphill than getting this request fulfilled.

Anyway I have nothing to loose by asking.

I hope that someone reading this might be in a position to help me.

chiglet
13th Mar 2012, 22:20
Simple...... Charter one.
Get a few mates and charter a flight. :ok:

srobarts
13th Mar 2012, 23:14
Re empty legs you won't know the price until you have asked. Be prepared to travel last minute and get yourself home. Watch the lists, call the day before. Be prepared for disappointment or delight.One day you will be lucky.

I have travelled once on an exec jet (Falcon 900) and it was a great experience apart from the lack of leg room in the config that was used. The most memorable thing was the curvature of the earth as it flew at approaching 40,000ft.

Eudokia
14th Mar 2012, 11:36
This link may be of interest to you: hop on the jethopper (http://www.jethopper.net/)

jamesferns
14th Mar 2012, 20:17
FFS, Get a life Eddie.

ManofMan
14th Mar 2012, 22:33
Mrred,

Have a look at James's previous posts and you will be able to see that he should be ignored.

If you choose not to and do go in search for a life...might I suggest the first one you find should be donated to James, it's evident he needs it much more than you.

Good luck in your search.

Nubboy
15th Mar 2012, 16:51
Good luck with your quest.

As for James, bang out of order.

Tableview
15th Mar 2012, 16:56
Eudokia thank you for that link, I may well be using their services at some time in the future.

mredd1961 good luck, I hope you realise your dream ....

and jamesferns what is wrong with someone having a goal and trying to reach it? I can't understand why some people's highest aspiration in life is to go to a football cup final or meet some vulgar 'celebrity' but I wouldn't shoot them down in public for saying so. Maybe you should take your rancour somewhere else.