PDA

View Full Version : SPIC vs PIC

Aeromajkel
12th Mar 2012, 19:16
Hey Guys,
I was in Integrated training. I'm going to start Modular training now (where I need 100 hours like a PIC to CPL). Are my SPIC hours (from Integrated) can be calculated like a PIC hours by Civil Aviation Authority? If yes, I don't have to balance my hours difference like a PIC.

Many thanks:O

mad_jock
12th Mar 2012, 19:24
You will have to speak to the CAA and see what the Director of Policy says.

Realistically outside your previous course they are dual.

But under the circumstances (I presume ex Cabair) they would have to be harsh to enforce that.

Good luck.

And try and get it in writing and get them to confirm what you require to do to get your license and ratings. They will try and tell you to read lasors but there will be a heap of issues which it won't cover that will effect all the excabair folk.

Aeromajkel
12th Mar 2012, 19:30
Thank you for your answer. Hopefully they say YES but I can imagine a lots of administration paper work. What I should write or tell to them?

mad_jock
12th Mar 2012, 19:47
I would intially send an email.

But make sure you the subject is FAO Director of Policy.

As a matter of interest whats you hours so far broken down in to

PIC
SPIC
dual.

gorter
12th Mar 2012, 22:33
If its the uk caa, start by calling them. I've been dealing with the CAA from medicals to type rating issues since 1999 and they generally really do want to help. Explain the situation, and as best they can will tell you step by step what you need to do.

rmcb
12th Mar 2012, 23:46
Make sure the final decision is in writing. From someone who knows their onions and has the authority to authorise that decision.

mad_jock
13th Mar 2012, 14:42
CAlling them will be useless.

All you will get is a uneasy silence after they have told you to read lasors you state you have and say its not covered. Then they will say you are modular now you need to comply with that section.

The folk in FCL you get on the phone arn't the folk you need to speak to. And even if they do say you can use it. Unless they then put it in writing its a worthless opinion.

To be honest if your near enough to Gatwick its proberly worth taking all your paperwork in early and getting it sorted when they can't fob you off.

BigGrecian
13th Mar 2012, 16:30
Are my SPIC hours (from Integrated) can be calculated like a PIC hours by Civil Aviation Authority?

In my experience the CAA has said no - and hour building by the student was required.