PDA

View Full Version : squawk 7700, diversion, go around, orbit, extended hold etc.

gorter
8th Mar 2012, 22:43
Before flight radar occasionally we'd get a question like this, but now anything odd happens people need an answer NOW. Really? S**t happens. It's really not that interesting. If something's really wrong you'll read about it in the daily wail. Otherwise keep calm and carry on.

Rant over.

BOAC
9th Mar 2012, 08:12
Sounds like a really bad sector.

PS Enjoy your visit to the forum.:ugh:

TurboTomato
9th Mar 2012, 09:04
I'm as enthusiastic as the next person (or maybe not) but the OP is right - we don't need a thread for every 7700 etc the instant it happens.

Torque Tonight
9th Mar 2012, 10:09
Concur. I've always found the relish with which some people promulgate details of ongoing 7700s somewhat distasteful. Also the furore over every go-around is pretty ridiculous really.

BOAC
9th Mar 2012, 11:18
Sorry boys and girls - as Danny would say, if you don't like it here don't visit, and if you do visit but don't want to be bothered by these 'topics' don't open them - they are, after all, are they not, highly 'obvious'?

This forum is defined by the words at the top. If the mods decide 'too much', that is up to them. Simples.

gorter
9th Mar 2012, 12:11
I guess you're probably right BOAC, it just seems a bit ghoulish to need to know instantly what's going on.

BOAC
9th Mar 2012, 16:36
Well, if it was like the header of your first post I guess we'd ALL want to know immediately:)

Torque Tonight
9th Mar 2012, 17:21
BOAC, You can say, 'don't like it, don't read it', but we all remain entitled to have an opinion, and in most cases, to voice it. 'Don't like it, don't read it' doesn't automatically make it OK. I still feel that flagging up potential accidents and incidents in real-time has something of the ambulance chaser, or car crash rubbernecker mentality about it.

BOAC
9th Mar 2012, 17:47
we all remain entitled to have an opinion, and in most cases, to voice it. - indeed. I have.