PDA

View Full Version : bmi

Dene76
8th Mar 2012, 10:00
Hi all,

I've noticed that BMI are now operating flights from Manchester to Munich, I know they are owned by Lufthansa and this is their route. But now a BMI plane and British crew operate it.

I want to know how a pilots roster is planned for the 4 flights a day operated by BMI. If a pilot takes the 07:00 flight from Manchester - Munich, which lands at 10:00am what do the crew then do because the 11:00am flight back is operated by Lufthansa. WIll the crew wait at the airport until the next BMI operated flight at 15:20?

ayebmi
8th Mar 2012, 10:11
Yes, on average we have about 5hrs on the ground on the early rotation.

Dene76
8th Mar 2012, 10:20
Fantastic, thanks for the answer.

Do you operate any other routes with the A319 for BMI or Lufthansa?

PAXboy
31st Mar 2012, 03:33
So this confirms what all expected: BBC News - IAG receives approval for BMI purchase (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-17559317)

They report that BA give up 14 slots but do not say if that is 14 pairs. If it's only 14, then they have the bargain of the decade! Even 14 pairs would be worth it.

Thus, Sir Michael who so desperately wanted to prevent BA and/or VS from getting his airline, that he sold it to LH and now ... that's what the worst recession in 70 years can do.

wiggy
31st Mar 2012, 04:05
It's slot pairs.

This is from the IAG press release

IAG has offered the following commitments to the EC as part of the regulatory process:
Seven daily slot pairs to be used between Heathrow and either Edinburgh and/or Aberdeen.
Five daily slot pairs to be used between Heathrow and the following destinations – Nice, Cairo, Riyadh, Moscow, Edinburgh and/or Aberdeen.
Two Heathrow daily slot pairs will be leased to Transaero for use on flights to Moscow.
Other airlines can apply for seats on the integrated BA/bmi short and midhaul network for their transfer passengers, on normal commercial terms.