PDA

View Full Version : CDG baggage reclaim times?

jabird
8th Mar 2012, 01:26
I have a few hours at CDG next month between two entirely separate flights.

Was wondering how long I might have to go out and get my spotting anorak on.

Does anyone know

a) Just exactly how flights arriving from SXM are classed for immigration? Any arrival from RUN, FDF or PTP would presumably be a domestic flight, just like Corsica. The Dutch side of St Martin is an overseas territory, not a department like the French side, so I don't think it would be classed as intra-Schengen either.

b) Are typical reclaim times in CDG 2C any better or worse than their London equivalents?

V800
8th Mar 2012, 17:46
Last year I flew SXM-CDG then ORY-LCY all on the same AF ticket. Arriving at CDG you will get the full international arrival treatment and baggage delivery will be slow.

intortola
8th Mar 2012, 18:23
Have done this route a few times, you do clear immigration at CDG. Have even had to show passport on leaving aircraft and again at immigration. It's not always quick.

Rush2112
9th Mar 2012, 00:00
Baggage reclaim at CDG makes LHR T3 look good. Last month in from SIN on the 380 and they lost the key to the cargo hold door, or some such excuse and they took an hour to open it(!)

They have two belts for the SQ flight, one for "priority" passengers' bags and one for economy, and quite often they manage to send some of my bags onto one belt and some onto the other - standing like a spare wotsit at a wedding watching one belt while my bag is happily sailing round and round the one behind me.

That's if there is not a lightning strike.

jabird
9th Mar 2012, 00:49
OK, so I'll allow a good 90 mins then to be out in the kerosene rich air!

Arriving at CDG you will get the full international arrival treatment

Just curious - what if I'd gone to AMS, would they wave you straight through? Only comparable leg I have done is GIB-LGW, and I can't even remember if I went through passport control! I know GIB, JER, IOM are still "duty free" / green or red etc.

Come to think of it, are the Canaries, Ceuta & Melilla in Schengen zone?

And presumably, from FDF, RUN or PTP, that would be like a domestic arrival?

And for the spotters - once clear, where's best place for viewing? That is if I still have any space on memory card after SXM ;)

Rollingthunder
10th Mar 2012, 00:36
lost the key to the cargo hold door

How I laughed.

And forget kerosene laced air.... think more of horse manure, as I experienced.

Rush2112
10th Mar 2012, 01:33
Yes, I was chuckling too at 6am waiting for an hour in a freezing terminal...