PDA

View Full Version : NZ or aus mortgages

flyingkiwi
7th Mar 2012, 18:08
Hi

Anyone recommend a bank or banker for Hk based mortgages for NZ property.

I have checked with the following but wondering if there are others and what their rates and service is like.

Anz... No longer provide this service
Westpac... Rates have gone up now cost of funds +2.25%
Nab seems best cost of funds +1.5%

Any others?
Constructive comments only

744frt
8th Mar 2012, 00:18
I just got cof + 1.35% with nab asia for an oz property. Switchable between oz-hkg-us twice per year without charge.

404 Titan
8th Mar 2012, 02:15
flyingkiwi

ANZ still lend for property in Australia but unless you make millions of US$ and have millions of US$ in assets you can forget it.

ANZ Dual Currency Loan (http://www.anz.com/hongkong/en/personal/private-bank/products-services/borrow/dual-currency-loan/)

Gnadenburg
8th Mar 2012, 02:28
It must have been carnage out there for a while with multi-currency loans and margin calls. Lending criteria much more restrictive.

I use CBA Private Banking. COF + 1% no cost or limits in switching and importantly, if I ever get it wrong and approach min L/V, they won't switch without consulting me. This gives me the opportunity to top up another mortgage, without being forced to realize a FOREX loss.

flyingkiwi
8th Mar 2012, 04:09
I bet, doing mutlicurrency mortgages can create more stress than requesting leave...

Thanks for replies, Gnadenburg i have sent you a pm, can you send me contact details of CBA banker.

Anyone use TSB Loyds or any others.

cheers

flyingkiwi
9th Mar 2012, 02:13
Talked to CBA, they are cof +1.5%
min mortgage 1mil aus
min salary $250K AUS

lending ratio 65% multicurrency or 75% single cunrrency.

Gnadenburg
9th Mar 2012, 02:23
Kiwi

Sorry for the late reply....

My deal must be grandfathered pre-GFC. It is a private banking arrangement with multiple mortgages.

Things were pretty bad out there with multi-currency loans and pilots during the GFC. Although, according to private comments, it was people in finance who were burnt the most!

hongkongfooey
10th Mar 2012, 01:56
Kiwi, at least if you take out an AUD loan you won't have to stress about currency swaps, margin calls etc, it'll be a cold day in hell ( or a clear day in HK ) before the AUD drops below parity.

flyingkiwi
10th Mar 2012, 07:08
The only way it will drop below parity is if I do put it into hkd....

hongkongfooey
11th Mar 2012, 01:29
Ha ha, or if I do :}

Threethirty
14th Mar 2012, 03:25
Ozzy property is nothing but a huge asset bubble, watch this!

Australian economy and bursting housing bubble-On the Edge with Max Keiser-03-09-2012 - YouTube

hongkongfooey
14th Mar 2012, 05:54
330, didnt watch that clip but I waited for over a year, listening to the " experts " who had all sorts of sound theories about why the Aussie dollar would drop below parity and settle around 90c, that was supposed to happen 6 months ago.
Now the " experts " reckon the AUD could stay where it is for years.
You know what they say about experts ..........

Threethirty
14th Mar 2012, 06:00
I recommend you watch it, all bubbles burst in the end or else we would all be billionaires.