PDA

View Full Version : After repair parts along with FAA Form 8130-3 without dual release.

Hevtar
7th Mar 2012, 08:18
Hello dear all.

My employer company is Part-145 approved maintenance organisation. Our aircraft flying under Irish registration.

Couple days ago I was confronted by some difficult with passenger seats components.

Our technician were found couple broken passenger handsets. Those components was sent to manufacturer for repair. Now they are repaired and ready for shipment, but we have got some problems with autorized release certificate.

The manufacturer is located in U.S. and they are able to provide only FAA 8130-3 form along with repaired components. The problem is that this form is has not dual release.

I was heard somewhere that in case if component was repaired by original manufacturer, that this component with 8130-3 form is acceptable for installation.

Could somebody to be kind to explain me, are we have whatever opportunity to install those repaired components?

Thanks in advance!

matkat
7th Mar 2012, 11:48
Private message sent to you.

Fargoo
7th Mar 2012, 13:11
I always thought you could only use an 8130-3 without the dual release if it was new - not repaired.

Golden Rivet
7th Mar 2012, 15:33
We will only accept repaired items on an 8130-3, if they come with dual release.

matkat
8th Mar 2012, 12:02
Correct, a dual realease 81303 is acceptable for a used part and 8130-3 can only be accepted for a new part.