PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Sqn Ldr Peter Ives and Flt Lt Down, RAF Laarbruch circa 1972

critter sized
6th Mar 2012, 15:58
Dear All - I promised a colleague I would post the following. Any assistance would be much appreciated.

Folks, I'm ex-RAF Laarbruch having been there at the station's close in 1999. In 1972 the base was the chain bearer for the local town of Weeze's Kirmes Carnival, a huge honour and unique at the time. The good people of Weeze wish to recognise the fortieth anniversary of the RAF performing this role and my contacts there have asked for help in tracing these two people. Seemingly, they were involved with the football club.

The idea is to invite them to participate in this year's Kirmes. Can anyone help? If so, reply here or drop me a line at [email protected] .

foldingwings
7th Mar 2012, 13:05
Sadly, I have to tell you that Peter Ives died last year.

Foldie

critter sized
8th Mar 2012, 15:12
Thanks Foldie - sad indeed and I will let Mick Williams know accordingly.

Critter

95i
16th Apr 2022, 15:59
https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune.org-vbulletin/2000x858/1972_09_09_festkettentr_ger_entourage_5f748dca97447b51f9b448 b851c5c2be051ad59b.jpg
Peter F. Ives as the chainholder at the annual Kirmes / funfair 1972 As it's 50 years ago I'm trying to write an article about the event for the yearbook of the town Weeze. Any recollections might help.
Sqn Ldr Ives was the Chainholder, Flt Lt Down the Adjutant, Flt Ft Barratt and Mr. Hall — Community Relations Officers. Chf Techs Long, Tebbut, and Terron, Sgts Earle, Neilson, Burgess and Greenaway, Cpls Leishman, McCulloch and Porter and SAC Perryman formed the Chainholder's Entourage.